Printer cancels jobs immediatley

My printers (one HP & one Xerox) last printed successfully on one of my PC’s on 22/9/26 but since then they have both been cancelling jobs immediately. I have seen that there has been some CUPS update issues where the advice / solution has been to wait.

Weirdly I have another older PC with alonger standing TW setup using the same printers which seems to have kept working / printing through this period.

I have tried stopping CUPS (Version 2.4.19) & restarting. I have also added the HP again as a network IPP printer all to no avail. They all show up as available & in CUPS - see screenshot below.

Any help or suggestions as to what I can look at / show to try & resolve this please?

It started when trying to print a PDF & just trying one another of those via terminal lp command it cancelled again but show the message lp: Unsupported document-format “application/pdf” which seems weird - but is that any sort of clue to the issue?

You should upgrade the box via zypper dup. According the bugreport and threads, the issue should be resolved. There are already several other threads regarding this topic regarding wrong document format.

Thanks I’m just being offered openSUSE Tumbleweed 20260930-0 → 20261002-0 do we think that includes a fix for this or is still a question of waiting it out?

Simply update?!