Printing related issue(seems like related to cups-filters2 or libcupsfilters)

Hello, I recently has found error that printer refuse to print anything by throwing “Unsupported format “application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner”” errors or jobs getting cancelled after few seconds.
in the cups error log i can find

I [30/Sep/2026:22:37:39 +0900] [Job ???] Request file type is application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner.
D [30/Sep/2026:22:37:39 +0900] Print-Job client-error-document-format-not-supported: Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner".
E [30/Sep/2026:22:37:39 +0900] [Client 6] Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job (ipp://localhost:631/printers/Canon_G3080_series) from localhost.

my temporary ‘fix’ for this issue is old cups-filters package instead of cups-filters2 packages, as with cups-filters package it works without any issues
i found that recent cups-filters2 update had package built with universal filter disabled, perhaps this might have caused the problem?

my printer is canon G3980 for in case
Tumbleweed 20260924

Thank you

Wait a few days
newer Filters are in printing repo

https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1283295

I had same problem with my Brother HL-L5210DW.

Gruß Ganymed

1 Like

I currently have the same issue & have had it for a few days - so the wait doesn’t seem to have solved it for me with a HP & Xerox printers.

I have the same error when trying to print with Brother MFC-L2712DN.

cups-filters2 and cups-filters2-driverless got updated in the Tumbleweed repo now. I just switched back to cups-filters2 and it’s working as expected for me again.

After upgrade Brother MFC-L2712DN prints without any issue.

1 Like

Thank you for this Info.
BTW: ist Not my fix - I found it by Reading the lists and Bug Reports.
Driverless and IPP everywher ist completely new for me.
Till now i used Driver Packet from Brother Home Page.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Richard Werth

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.