Hello, after running sudo transactional-update dupand rebooting my laptop does not correctly load the OS. The “splash screen” where you can select previous snapshots appears correctly but once you run the OS the screen time of text takes longer than normal and it doesn’t load the graphical interface. It only allows me to login text based.
I usually revert to previous snapshot but I’d like to have the OS as updated as possible.
I hope I explain myself fairly adequately, I’m not an expert. More than happy to share reports/diagnosis if you explain me how to generate or find them.
Thank you in advance and thank you for developing this amazing OS.
Maybe this?
@hui I’ve not seen that here on two Aeon installs… @pgio it could be re-labelling which can take some time… I normally just leave for 5 minutes os so to see if it finishes…
Thanks @malcolmlewis for the reply, what should i leave 5 minutes? the login screen?
@pgio yes, but check out @hui’s link as well, or login and run systemctl isolate multi-user then systemctl isolate graphical
What graphics card do you have?
Thanks @hui! in that case should I run
sudo systemctl disable display-manager sudo systemctl enable sddm
before or after running sudo transactional-update dup?
@pgio no Aeon uses GDM
The title says Aeon, but this is under the Kalpa tag, which is it?
I’ve installed Aeon with kde as DE
That worked! Thank you! The only thing is that now at the login screen the keyboard layout switched to US while I’m using IT. But when I manage to login the layout switch back to IT. Is there a way to keep IT layout throughout the boot? Thanks a lot!
it’s the internal gpu of an intel i5
No, you didn’t. Aeon and Kalpa are two different products, that have nothing to do with each other, without some serious hackery, this isn’t a thing.
Updated thread title to reflect correct Product.
My bad. It’s a opensuse microos with kde as DE.
NAME="openSUSE MicroOS"
# VERSION="20250714"
ID="opensuse-microos"
ID_LIKE="suse opensuse opensuse-tumbleweed microos sl-micro"
VERSION_ID="20250714"
PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE MicroOS"
SYSEXT_LEVEL="glibc-2.41"
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:opensuse:microos:20250714"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.opensuse.org"
SUPPORT_URL="https://bugs.opensuse.org"
HOME_URL="https://www.opensuse.org/"
DOCUMENTATION_URL="https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:MicroOS"
LOGO="distributor-logo-MicroOS"
The display manager failing on first boot is a known bug, that is being worked on, the language issue is also a known bug, that should be fixed in the beta release of Kalpa
@sfalken Thank you! If it can help mine wasn’t a first boot. I encountered this issue after a transactional update.
Thank you guys for the help! I’m big fan of your work!
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.