On my broken machine it stops there and wait forever:
I don’t really know whereto start to sort this one out.
Any zypper guru to point me on which packages and tools are involved in this
or maybe somebody to explain what this line means in strace:
fcwd\0tDIR\0”…, 4096) = 4096
Had the same problem. Zypper stalled with five timezone rpm’s and a wine update. The solution was to:
(1) create a local directory
(2) Using YaST->system->Software Repositories->add. Choose “local directory” in the media screen, then specify the local directory as a repository.
(3) Run zypper update and record the URL listed as the offending file in the zypper update error message.
(4) Abort zypper update
(5) Manually download the listed file by entering the URL in Firefox.
(6) Move or copy the file into the local repository. (You may wish to temporarily redefine the default download directory in Firefox).
(7) Repeat from step 3. until all the offending files have been manually downloaded.
(8) Zypper update will be able to complete the update session using the files in the local repository.
On 2011-04-01 12:06, alexispellicier wrote:
> Me neither my updates work ok.
> It’s just when zypper search for the running processes using deleted
> files that he hangs.
> Does anyone know what zypper uses to find these running process?
lsof, and lsof can hang when some of the files it wants to list are remote
nad has to resolve dns ro something.
Cheers / Saludos,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)