I mentioned the image in a prior post, read backwards. By default I mean I didn’t select anything and clicked my way through indiscriminately.
No, you did not. You mentioned the URL where one can select different images.
So installer decided to install XFCE, GNOME and KDE all by itself?
@tedkunterblast A fresh xfce install should work with the command.

Or you can ommit some line like so:
xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2
or su -c yast2 ![]()
S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository
–±------------------------±--------±-----------±-------±----------
i | xdg-dbus-proxy | package | 0.1.5-1.3 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-desktop-portal | package | 1.18.2-3.3 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-desktop-portal-gtk | package | 1.15.1-1.3 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-desktop-portal-kde6 | package | 6.0.4-1.1 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-menu | package | 0.2-219.2 | noarch | repo-oss
i | xdg-user-dirs | package | 0.18-2.6 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-user-dirs-gtk | package | 0.11-3.3 | x86_64 | repo-oss
i | xdg-utils | package | 1.2.1-1.1 | noarch | repo-oss
Those above packages were installed in xfce.
I am using xfce in tumbleweed also.
He mentioned it above:
tedkunterblast
I just reproduced it by reinstalling again, this time with KDE. Same issue.
The image I used was the current offline one from: Tumbleweed
ISO checksum affirmative.
imagewriter from openSUSE for burning.
But you understand that on the official download page, 6 different Tumbleweed offline images are available? No?
You can install one of the available images and try to reproduce the necessary combination of settings to reproduce the issue of the TO. Only this can help to provide useful informations for a bugreport…
Fixed with snapshot 20240503. I can no longer reproduce the issue. Great job openSUSE, and thank you to all who tried to help. ![]()
Did you have the online repositories enabled whilst installation?
I don’t know what you mean @hui. It’s early and I don’t completely own all of my faculties. What I do know is that I installed in exactly the same way with the 20240503 snapshot as I did with the 20240502 snapshot. I’ll have a think to see if I recognize any stupidity on my part. Have a good day, and thanks for your time.
Did you have the online repositories enabled whilst installation?
That, I do know - yes.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.