wireless broadcom on open suse?

my wireless card will not work on open suse…i conected to the internet by using tha ethernet cord, and i downloaded all the updates avalible today. and i didnt get no new drivers for my wireless card and my graphics card. so can someone plzz help me out on enabling my wireless card on open suse:|

Try looking in the Wireless Section,there are two stickies there that should get you going. If they don’t,Try posting in the wireless section

Andy

ok this is what happens i go into yast then go to the hardware section then
i got to the network drvers and network cards etc…wat shows up is my wireless card but the switch on my laptop for my wireless card isnt on.

I have the same card, but in an Acer laptop. In other distributions I had to have a particular module loaded (acer_acpi), but all I did with openSUSE 11.0 was:

1. Open terminal
  2. su -
  3. /usr/sbin/install_bcm43xx_firmware
  4. Add network connection in knetworkmanager

Voila! Simple, no need for ndiswrapper or any other shenanigans. Support for broadcom, and in particular this horrible adapter, has come a LONG way in even the past 6 months.

I have the same problem, i tried what you wrote but didn´t work. I have a broadcom BCM43XX, i think my card is not supported right now on suse, because it´s 802.11n. Am i right? Did anyone solve this problem?

As for Broadcom here are the blobby drivers:
Broadcom Corporation - Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA driver
Here is one big thread about Broadcom, which I used to put my card on line.
SuSE 11.0 & BCM4322 wifi, dv9925nr - Page 3 - openSUSE Forums

Simply you’re right those open drivers propably will not work, ndiswrapper doesn’t work too good too. Try using those blobby drivers. They are officially released by vendor.
When installing them don’t forget about installing your kernel-source. Use uname -r to check the version and install right source.
There are no miracles those drivers should work.