afternoon then evening at -18.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:56:01 GMT
conram <conram@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

Here in UK, the media and weather forecasters/presenters are wetting
their knickers about the “cold spell”, “winds from the Arctic”, and how
“bitterly cold” it is. There was some snow early this morning (no more
than a centimetre) but it was already melting when I went for my
morning paper and precipitation was turning to rain. I’ve no idea what
these idiots would say if we got some really cold weather.

Graham Davis [Retired Fortran programmer - now a mere computer user]
openSUSE Tumbleweed (64-bit); KDE 4.14.4; Kernel: 3.18.3;
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550; Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using
nouveau driver); Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

Winter of 2015 - it will be a memorable one for me always - picked up the flu on Weds., figured it was a cold, did nothing, Weds. evening started on Mucinex, my fever was 99+, good its a cold! By Thursday, I felt like I was dead. I could barely walk, and my fever was over 102. Finally saw a doctor on Friday - now on Tamiflu. This morning I am back to 99.4 fever, apparently on the road to recovery.

With the winds today, I think I have a greater chance of losing power than during the hyped-up “blizzard of 2015”!

Severe Weather Alerts - Hightstown, NJ

Winter Weather AdvisoryWinter Weather Advisory in effect from 7:00 PM EST until Monday, 1:00 PM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service

…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS
EVENING TO 1 PM EST MONDAY…

• HAZARD TYPES…SNOW, SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

• ACCUMULATIONS…1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW, WITH UP TO A TENTH OF AN
    INCH OF ICE.

• TIMING…SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE IN LATE TODAY, THEN MIX WITH
    AND CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATE TONIGHT. THE MIXED
    PRECIPITATION MAY BRIEFLY CHANGE OVER TO RAIN, BEFORE CHANGING
    BACK TO MOSTLY SNOW LATE MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW SHOULD THEN
    TAPER OFF EARLY MONDAY AFTERNOON.

Never stop. Still snowing here…

Hey dogs… Race for hogs and wolfs. ~250mm snow here latest…

Hey they do.

A photo and a lot of snow here today and thee are running free. The white dogs just hunting. Never mind. Never stops.

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/P2010004.jpg

regards

Same here. I am listening to the sound of sleet hitting the windows. At least during storms like this, the highway noises are muffled.

The office is saying they are opening at Noon. Unless the weather drastically changes, I plan on telecommuting and staying in my pajamas! (actually, I can’t because when the sleet is ending I need to go out and shovel).

We are buried in snow from the storm that arrived last night and still
blowing. I woke-up early this morning to dug up the snow infront of the basement windows.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:36:01 GMT
BSDuser <BSDuser@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
> Winter of 2015 - it will be a memorable one for me always - picked up
> the flu on Weds., figured it was a cold, did nothing, Weds. evening
> started on Mucinex, my fever was 99+, good its a cold! By Thursday, I
> felt like I was dead. I could barely walk, and my fever was over
> 102. Finally saw a doctor on Friday - now on Tamiflu. This morning I
> am back to 99.4 fever, apparently on the road to recovery.
>
>

When I have a stinking cold and check my temperature, I find
it’s slightly lower than usual, as much as 0.5C. So, for me at least,
when I get a cold I actually get cold. Is that due to me being weird
(probably) or has anyone else noticed something similar?

Graham Davis [Retired Fortran programmer - now a mere computer user]
openSUSE Tumbleweed (64-bit); KDE 4.14.4; Kernel: 3.18.3;
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550; Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using
nouveau driver); Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

Its word-s. Here. I notice a late at my home and its the WordChamp Skiing here. Feb 2015. Oh yes I say hello to a male that who ripe the fence. Dident leave the plot then. Family. What Wheather? White dogs.http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/IMG_8169.jpg

Oh yes the white dogs rules…

regards

/Jonte1

Uh-ho. Climate changes? Or just ordinary yearly weather change?
I feel sorry for todays(Saturday) +50 000 people that want to watch the competitions at place. Since 2 days ago its warm. Really warm, picked up this picture from the local newspaper this morning.

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/980.jpg

I live on the other side of the valley., still have ~25cm(250mm) of snow here. Yes the dogs… Smile!

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/sta52649.jpg

regards

Yes I was on site at the race. It was heavy snowfall. +1.6C. I was impressed by the Us ladies that came in 2 and 3 place at today’s sprint. Good. The north (“Norden” “Scandinavia”) dominance is of course not good in the long run of the competitions. Are I suppose to be a patriot in all weathers?

I guess that’s why I run Linux and try to sell it everywhere :wink: A picture that I recorded at my home TV.

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/kalla1.jpg

It’s another thing to be at place and feel and hear the public. Doesn’t come near 1993 when finishing 50km Championship here was the mightiest I ever have in my life.

regards

I see you all complaining about winter. It makes me nostalgic. I am stuck in a virtual Hell. While we rarely see snow here, it can happen. What is brutal here, in the Phoenix metroplex, is the Summer. More than 100 days where the temps are over 100F, often times topping 110F and sometimes topping 120F. It is literally so hot you can literally fry an egg on your car, or cook a steak in your engine block. When the buses zoom by you as you walk, it’s so hot it sucks the air out of you. At least with Winter, with cold, you can always put something on. It has been proven that dressing in layers keeps one warm. Unfortunately, the reverse is not true. You can only take so much off before you get in trouble both with the law as well as physically, due to things like sun burn, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the like. So, if there is a small comfort in anything, be thankful for the cold. And yes, I know all about the cold, snow blindness, frost bite, hypothermia and so on. I used to live in places like Germany. So I really do know.

A couple of times we’ve had significant wind when the temperatures were way down. Sometimes a good gust would take the air out of my then!

I’m enjoying the winter. I love it when it is snowing, but at work I would get in trouble for sitting, looking out at the window.

Funniest thing was watching snow falling upward! :wink: I work on the 7th floor of the building and it was windy as the light snow was falling. The wind pushed the snow from the parking lot right into the building, and carries the snow up the building with it! Fun sight, and fun watching people’s reaction when I point out to them about it snowing upwards!

Another day, another 1 place and GOLD. On my way back home yesterday from the races I spoke to many Norwegian supporters. We was agree upon that… Need new blood into the competitions.

Complain of the winter? Not at all. I have made a active choice sins beginning of the -80’tis
-I like challenges
-I like the wills and spirit of polardogs
-No one that doesent live here can understand and enjoy the very long days during summer.

I have lived under -39C home here to +52C in Sandland.

A picture from home yesterday, it goes fast now how much longer the days…

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/P2240007_exp.JPG

Yes, to be at place (at location) can not be described instead of watching TV at the competitions.

regards

Oooh, we’re in “luck”!

My youngest daughter is upset because she’s supposed to have Art on Mondays and this week was the first Monday she’s made since Christmas break! Heck, this has been the first FULL week since Christmas break.

It will remain cold Friday and Saturday to end February but also dry. That changes beginning the evening of Sunday, March 1.

According to prominent Connecticut meteorologists, they all agree that snow begins Sunday evening and becomes steadier late at night, and ends Monday morning, which could impact the Monday morning commute and students’ return to school.

Before the snowstorm ends, a few inches of snow is expected to accumulate. And of course more snow is forecast for Tuesday night, which will turn to ice and then rain on Wednesday before ending as snow on Thursday morning.

In like a Lion (and all that…)!

Ok! Today it was more the 1993 and public pleasure/pressure at place. Mighty. I was reading some “leaders” where nor only Scandinavian journalist asked why for that example football fans cant use/have fun at a event. It has been 30-45 000 extra people here every day here during Championships. No Violence. No smoke and no fire works. No hate. People having a god time and its working! Seems to be near to the Linux…

A photo. I dont want publish again… Scandinavian successes and the photos in my small town. A photo and would you pick up a 2004, -6.to 7 weeks old dogs that already are fronting.

http://www.jodo.nu/pic/pic2/DSC00042_2.JPG

Let your children give a hug… (teddy bears) It was a gold in short distance in Austria winter climate last week end for Swedish sled dogs (polar dogs, Siberian Huskys) living near to home hear.

regards

Awww… they’re cute!

Things are calming down here, and spring is in slow boot. We’ll see how it will develop :slight_smile: