Windows 1 option

Hi, i was using vista and i downloaded the dvd version of opensuse 11 and put it on a dvd. i then installed it onto my vista wile in windows. I had trouble with the installation when i rebooted it because it could not create a repository, and i also could not get back into windows, because even though there were the options of windows vista, and opensuse 11 installer (dvd version) it always went to opensuse installer anyway. ← (Thats the problem, which i think i can change in grub) I then tried the cdlive version and it worked perfectly. It partitioned correctly too. Now at startup there are the options, Opensuse 11 (works great), Windows 1 (has ^that problem), Windows 2 (recovery for windows?), and Opensuse failsafe (havent tried it yet). Right now all i think i need to do is edit how grub does its thing for the windows vista/opensuse 11 install. lol Thanks

P.S. if you need more info or if i was unclear, ask me (i dont know what im doing, lol)

This thread might help you. :slight_smile:

ahh i looked at that but wasnt sure if that was my problem. Thanks!

ok i think my problem might be a little more complicated. When i reboot it and i go to win 1 then it gives me this:

Windows Boot Manager

Choose an operating system:
Microsoft Windows Vista
Opensuse 11.0 installer (LOCAL)

To specify advanced option press F8

Tools: Windows memory diagnostic

Then it dosnt matter what i press, it goes to this:

Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64
fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device
Non-voliate memory driver v1.2
Linux agpgart interface v0.103
(and so forth)
>>>Opensuse installation program v3.1.34 (c) 1996-2008 Linux Products GmbH <<<
(…and so on)

Then it goes to: {blue screen} >>>Linuxrc v3.1.34 (Kernel 2.6.25.5-1.1 default)<<<
and says: Make sure you have CD 1 in…

As if i am trying to install it as the dvd version. I think its windows that does this. When i pick windows vista
that program takes charge i think.