which package from which repo?

I did a zypper dup today and I received the following message:

Retrieving repository 'home:ecsos:messenger' metadata ...........................................................[error]
Repository 'home:ecsos:messenger' is invalid.
[http-download.opensuse.org-9a00aa37|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos:/messenger/openSUSE_Factory/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL                                                                              
Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
Warning: Skipping repository 'home:ecsos:messenger' because of the above error.

In the browser it says “Resource no longer available:esource is no longer available”.
Now I went into Yast -> Software Management and selected repos to find out which package I have installed from this repo but Yast does not show this Repo any more although I see it when I go to Yast -> Repositories. Is there a way to find out which package I have installed from this repo?

I list all apparent orphans using

zypper --no-refresh se -si | grep 'tem Pac' | grep -v plication

which should narrow it down enough for you to figure it out.

Thanks, mrmazda, but I don’t understand this command and I get pages after pages of packages in that format:

i  | zeromq-tools                             | package | 4.3.1-1.1                           | x86_64 | (System Packages)          
i+ | zisofs-tools                             | package | 1.0.8-25.9                          | x86_64 | (System Packages)          
i+ | zypper                                   | package | 1.14.19-2.1                         | x86_64 | (System Packages)          
i+ | zypper-aptitude                          | package | 1.14.19-2.1                         | noarch | (System Packages)          
i+ | zypper-lifecycle-plugin                  | package | 0.6.1490613702.a925823-2.5          | noarch | (System Packages)          
i+ | zypper-log                               | package | 1.14.19-2.1                         | noarch | (System Packages)

Don’t know what to do with this listing

Sorry, I wasn’t thinking properly about your context. If zypper dup didn’t work, then you would get so many results as to be useless. It’s suitability is for after a mostly successful dup.

home:ecsos: from that error message tells us that you have some user’s buildservice home configured to build packages for his use. You shouldn’t be using them without knowing exactly what you are doing, why his packages might be used instead of or in addition to those from Tumbleweed. They are subject to disappearance at any time, or being broken, or creating other problems you don’t need or want. Since you don’t seem to know, you should disable that repo. First examine the output from:

sudo zypper lr

Whichever repo includes the string ecsos should be disabled, so take the number from that line and use it to do:

sudo zypper <number>

That will disable that repo and let you proceed to do your dup. Rather than the number, you could also use the name of the listed repo instead of the number.

Sorry, mrmazda, I may not have made myself clear enough. THe update (zypper dup) did work except that I have something installed from a repository which does not exist any more. I cannot remember which package it was, only when something is not in the default repos I do a package search and often install from another repo which comes up then. Now I know I have something installed on this computer which will not be kept up-to-date because the repo does not exist any more and I would like to know what package it is. If I don’t need this any more I can delete it - if I still need it I can look if it is in another repo. Normally in Yast you could go to software management and repositories, highlight a certain repo an then you could see on the right hand side which packages are ticked. But I don’t know why Yast didn’t show this repo - so I cannot find out this way. I thought there must be an equivalent to this on command line with zypper but I could not find anything useful.

On Fri 08 Feb 2019 11:16:03 PM CST, fuerstu wrote:

I did a zypper dup today and I received the following message:

Code:

Retrieving repository ‘home:ecsos:messenger’
metadata …[error]
Repository ‘home:ecsos:messenger’ is invalid.
[http-download.opensuse.org-9a00aa37|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos:/messenger/openSUSE_Factory/]
Valid metadata not found at specified URL Please check if the URIs
defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
Warning: Skipping repository ‘home:ecsos:messenger’ because of the
above error. --------------------

In the browser it says “Resource no longer available:esource is no
longer available”.
Now I went into Yast -> Software Management and selected repos to find
out which package I have installed from this repo but Yast does not show
this Repo any more although I see it when I go to Yast -> Repositories.
Is there a way to find out which package I have installed from this
repo?

Hi
If you look at the build project, you will see it changed to Tumbleweed
(which is what it should be) not Factory anymore…

Update your repo URL.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.28-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Sorry, I should have noticed that. It happened so long ago I forget that change ever happened.

Hi
I’d forgotten as well… lol

Thank you, malcolmlewis, I updated the repos and did a zypper dup again and found the package I had installed - jitsi. I am trying for some time to get the rest of my family to switch from skype to jitsi. Cheers!