Where do I find Thunderbird 3.1.9?

Both Firefox and SeaMonkey have updated to the most recent versions of FF 3.6.16 and SM 2.0.13. In fact SM updated to a more recent 2.0.13 version today.

Thunderbird 3.1.9 was released the same day and has yet to show up in the repository I have for Mozilla which is Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.3

Any idea when this version will be available?

On 04/04/2011 09:06 PM, rafter22 wrote:
> Thunderbird 3.1.9

there is a huge misunderstand that it is openSUSE’s goal to have the
latest of every possible application a very few days after the makers
release it…

i do not know where that idea comes from…but, unless something has
changed you can expect it to show up when it is ready…there is more
work to be done than there are hands to do…

that said, you should be able to find the source for 3.1.9 and compile
and install it without waiting…WAIT: here it is
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
just hit the download button!!

CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [NNTP via openSUSE 11.3 + KDE4.5.5 +
Thunderbird3.1.8] Can you believe it? This guy Ralph wins $181 million
in the lottery last Wednesday, and then finds the love of his life
just 2 days later. Talk about LUCK!

Firefox 3.6.16 and SeaMonkey 2.0.13 were available the day (3/22 and 3/23) they were released by Mozilla. IIRC SeaMonkey actually updated from the repository before it was officially released. Thunderbird was released on March 4th.

I installed the 32-bit versions of Firefox 4.0, Miramar and SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre from the tarballs. Since I installed Thunderbird from the repository I’d like to be consistent.

The next releases are due April 19th. Releases - MozillaWiki

I guess since TB 3.1.9 prevents a crash after update, that is affecting some users, and we can’t update versions installed from the repository, that issue doesn’t affect us, therefore the lack of the update to TB 3.1.9.

Thanks DD!

You can add the Mozilla repository (stable, not beta) in Yast. there you can find the latest Mozilla products, including TB. After adding the repo, upgrade to the latest version.

And the one I have is not the correct one? In case you missed it in my original post.

Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.3

I don’t see Thunderbird 3.1.9 there. Do you?

You’re right. version 3.1.9 is not there. Maybe it’s a matter of time until they add it.