what shall i do after system shutdowned completely by any problems

sometimes 11.3 KDE shutdowned because of some applications or some other packages installing and then why it happened frequently than Widnows

and no one posting warning package or applications in the main page, but newbies should know which program not installed, it seems like everything is great when installed openSUSE, it has many problems i don’t know it is because of its distributor or other program vendors

today i installed Virtualbox and skype and then system shutdowned. I don’t know which one is having the problems but now i removed both and nothing bad happened so now

sometimes 11.3 KDE shutdowned because of some applications or some other packages installing and then why it happened frequently than Widnows

and no one posting warning package or applications in the main page, but newbies should know which program not installed, it seems like everything is great when installed openSUSE, it has many problems i don’t know it is because of its distributor or other program vendors

today i installed Virtualbox and skype and then system shutdowned. I don’t know which one is having the problems but now i removed both and nothing bad happened so now
Anytime you decide to install an application like Virtualbox or anything bigger than a poker card game, it might be best to search the forums for instructions and requirements. For instance, when doing OS vitalization, you need LOTS of memory and disk space AND you need to know if this is supported by your CPU/BIOS and is it enabled in your BIOS. Don’t know what all of that means, then you need to do more research, ask more questions and in general, you need to know a lot more about openSUSE before taking that leap. It may be nice to know you can do it, but why did you really install openSUSE? So you can run Windows? Did you know that dual booting is better when you don’t have a lot of memory or a fast CPU? Any way, it is best to fully describe the problems you are having as well as full descriptions of your hardware and openSUSE versions and desktop used, with the problems you are having.

I can say that I do use openSUSE 11.3/64 bit/KDE 4.4.4 and use all of the included apps in openSUSE as updated by packman when required and I get by very well and practically all of those apps work together with few exceptions.

Thank You,

And the point is not my ability or research right now but how fix computer right now

Open a terminal and post the result of:

zypper lr -d

This will tell us something about what you might have been doing. But your problem sounds more like a hardware issue rather than software.

What you could do is, try boot the ‘Failsafe’ option in the boot menu and run in that mode to see if your problem persists…
Then report back

i have two pcs, one home the other at work. when i installed it at my home pc nothing happened and today its link (virtualbox download page has been changed) is not safe to my work-pc.

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±------------------------------------±------------------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±----------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.3 |
2 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
3 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.3-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
4 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
5 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |

thanks

and my system is

CPU Information
Processor (CPU): AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+
Speed: 1,000.00 MHz
Temperature: 27 °C

Memory Information
Total memory (RAM): 989.1 MiB
Free memory: 406.9 MiB (+ 353.4 MiB Caches)
Free swap: 2.0 GiB

OS Information
Current user: vennebbbr@linux-ogaa
System: openSUSE 11.3 (i586)
KDE: 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4) “release 2”
Display Info
Vendor: nVidia Corporation
Model: GeForce 6600
2D driver: fbdev
3D driver: swrast (No 3D Acceleration) (7.8.2))

and the different is CPU, in my home pc is Intel but here is AMD. this is at failsafe mode

Virtual Box info here:
Virtual Box (Sun Version) Install HowTo

I’m finding it a little difficult to catch on to your comments due to the broken English.
But try running in Failsafe…

and the first url is not safe ‘Import Untrusted GnuPG key’ which i installed before like this message my pc has been downed, so didn’t import.

Don’t you think you are pushing it.
With only 1GB RAM and trying to use VM’s

If I were you, I would try using a lighter desktop, like LXDE
You can install it as well in Yast > Software Management
View Patterns
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Add%20Patterns/add-patters-fromQT.png
It’s the top in the list

Then you have to choose it at the login screen here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Session%20Login/session.type.png
(Although LXDE isn’t in that, it will be when you have installed it)

Or in a new install, at this screen
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/11.3%20Install/10.jpg

in my home pc, it is not the problem. it’s also 1GB even though inboard video card

and i don’t want to change my KDE, i like its features

So with failsafe have you had the same problem yet?

in failsafe not installed virtualbox and still fine

when i installed the software at home 1GB and onboard graphic card, no problems has happened

I will re-install the openSUSe

yes i don’t think its programmable solution but hardware

That Failsafe works, means you just need to find what is helping. In the boot arguments for Failsafe, one or more of those are helping.

These are the added arguments in Failsafe:

apm=off noresume edd=off powersaved=off nohz=off highres=off processor.max_cstate=1 nomodeset x11failsafe
Try adding each of the ones I highlightrd to the normal boot line. You do that like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/YaST%20level3/1%20Initial%20Boot.png
Once you have paused the boot screen - Don’t erase anything, just type in one of the above and hit enter
See how it goes
Keep trying as necessary
If necessary, try combinations of them.

You could also try: acpi=off noapic

Yes i think it’s because of definitely hardware mulfuncions