what is the difference between compile kernel in S.A.K.C and install the same kernel in rpm?

hi there just want to know .

what is the difference between compile kernel in S.A.K.C (that S.A.K.C install it automatically)
and install the same kernel in rpm?

Well, ,ost people only compile the kernel if they need to do so (special driver, parameters, …). Or simply for fun, or because they want to see how fast your system can do this, or … Most people are glad that the precompiled kernel fits them.

and if i compile kernel 3.4.x and install it (i have now 3.1.10 from opensuse)

can i earn more performance in some conditions? I search in google i the answers about this was mixed most of the time they say Depend of my hardware. what do you say about it?

S.A.K.C. allows you to install any kernel version into your copy of openSUSE from the latest, to the original that came with your openSUSE version. Its not recommended that you install an older kernel version than was originally released for it. In some cases, there can be documented speed ups you will get with the new kernel version, but mostly its just a compile, load and see if its any better. In many cases, using a newer kernel allows you to use newer hardware than supported with the older kernel version. When I purchased a new Creative add-in sound card and installed it into openSUSE 12.1, I discovered it required kernel 3.3 or higher and does not work with kernel 3.1 that came with openSUSE 12.1. Here are some things to know:

1. S.A.K.C. does not remove your YaST installed kernel version and so you will have a new and older kernel to select from should the new kernel version not work.
  2. You can not automatically remove the S.A.K.C. installed kernel. Of course, it does not hurt to have several kernel versions to select from, but a self compiled kernel takes up more room, a problem on a small SSD disk for instance.
  3. Unless you are having a problem you are trying to fix, sticking with the distro supplied kernel version might be your best action unless your are more experience using Linux.

You can get S.A.K.C. here: S.A.K.C. - SUSE Automated Kernel Compiler - Version 2.75 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

You can get any kernel version back to 2005 with this: S.G.T.B. - SuSE Git Kernel Tarball Creator - Version 1.81 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,