What is the correct procedure to ping a maintainer to update a package?

Hello everyone,

The google-noto-coloremoji-fonts package is missing some of the newer Unicode 15.1 emojis from upstream.

For example the head shaking vertically and horizontally emojis are displayed using the fallback as two emojis:
:slightly_smiling_face:‍:arrow_up_down:
:slightly_smiling_face:‍↔

How can I contact the maintainer to update the package? :wave:
I don’t think my help is required to pull some files from upstream Github releases but I would be open to helping too if necessary! :innocent:

Contact the maintainer on OBS. Tab „User“. You need to be logged in.

2 Likes

Generally speaking as a Maintainer, if somebody sends me an SR for something like a version bump, it’s going to go much faster for me to accept, than if they just contact me, and ask me to do it.

Just sayin.

3 Likes

@hui: Your link goes to the factory package. The users are the maintainers of factory, not of google-noto-coloremoji-fonts.

@pavinjoseph: Look here: Users of google-noto-coloremoji-fonts (Project M17N:fonts) - openSUSE Build Service

And read the hint from sfalken :slight_smile:

1 Like

If everybody would think like you… Even this takes the personal time of the person, who should do this for you.

openSUSE is a community based distribution. Working together is easy, because we have OBS: https://build.opensuse.org/
Create an account and work together on updates and bugs.
You are welcome!

Look at the changes. Maybe you could do this next time.

Have a lot fun

1 Like

The projects are linked on the overview page…

Thank you very much for submitting the update request. :100:
I will try to do this next time! :innocent:

Sorry, what’s an SR? It’s like a PR (Pull Request) in Github?

1 Like

Submit Request, basically equivalent to a PR on github, yes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.