Wallpaper Slideshow Feature

Kde 3.5.x had a feature within desktop setting that allowed you to select a directory to use as a Wallpaper slideshow, - with the ability to specify the time delay between changing pictures.

Does anyone know if this will be implemented in 4.1.x or higher?

It is implemented, I use it in 4.1 and I think it worked also in 4.0.

I hope it helps…

I think perhaps I’m looking in the wrong area then. Many thanks for letting me know.

There is also a plasmoid that will do a slide show, including the one for the entire desktop.

Just an option…:wink:

Maarte,
Yes the screensaver you describe is in KDE4.1.1. Kmenu>Configure Desktop>Desktop
Look for Screen Saver then look for & expand Banners & Pictures in the pane to the right it’ll be the last item on the list.
Setup is just like it was in 3.5.9
One thing I’ve found is that for Desktop effects if you use kwin do not enable the break apart or explode effects. If those are enabled it causes an X freeze that I could only get out of with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. I’m not sure about Compiz though the same may apply.
All other effects cause no conflicts with the slideshow screensaver.
I know it works because it’s a favorite feature.

Thankyou :slight_smile: I’ve found it now, - I remember looking in 4.0.x and not being able to find it, - but after updating it’s there just where you would expect it to be. :slight_smile:

Thankyou for the pointer on animation effects, and the whole desktop slideshow plasmoid. I think for now, the basic option does everything it did for me in 3.5.9. That’s all i wished for :slight_smile:

Hi there!

I have a little issue with KDE wallpaper slideshow feature.
I’m using OS 12.2 first of all. So if put there my folder as well, sometimes the wallpapers are really ugly, and have a low resoultion, like they are not rendered correctly…
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6PKAzWCH6QfcUR5dDZnc1VRSWM

Any idea? :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance,
Viktor