Vulkan not working on two AMD gpus

Hello! I recently installed tumbleweed on two devices with an amd gpu: a steam deck and a 2 in 1 with a 7730u. They both say

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : vkCreateInstance: Found no drivers!
Cannot create Vulkan instance.
This problem is often caused by a faulty installation of the Vulkan driver or attempting to use a GPU that dors not support Vulkan.
ERROR at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Vulkan-Tools-vulkan-sdk-1.3.280.0/vulkaninfo/./vulkan.h:458:vkCreateInstance failed with ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER

I recently updated the steam deck so it runs 20240326. I have not updated the 2 in 1 and it runs 20240314. It also says 1.3.275.0 instead of 1.3.280.0.

The steam deck has libvulkan1, vulkan-tools, Mesa, and amdgpu installed. I use wayland but switching to x11 didn’t change anything.

Vulkan does work on my nvidia 1050ti new install.

Does anyone know what I should do to have vulkan work with Amd?

Thank you for your time

I fixed it on the steam deck by installing Mesa-vulkan-device-select and libvulkan_radeon from yast software. I didn’t even have to reboot. Haven’t done so on the 2 in 1 but probably would work the same.

I don’t remember uninstalling the two packages, so I assume they weren’t installed. Any idea why? They seem important.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.