Very Konfusing...

Here’s one for you!

I recently installed 11.1 x64 on a seperate HDD in my PC which also runs Vista. Everything was going great with a pretty grub bootloader and all my network, sound and video drivers configured just how I wanted them. I am really liking openSUSE!!!

Anyway, the SUSE HDD started to go AWOL by powering down intermittently. Since Linux is my get-out-of-jail-free card, I need a reliable hard drive and bought a new one. With the system in it’s infancy I had nothing to lose from a totally clean install from the same media.

As far as I can see I duplicated the entire process to a fault… Or have I? Because I now seem unable to successfully install the Nvidia 180.29 drivers for my 9800GT card. The first time round I literally clicked the ‘one-click link’ at…

NVIDIA - openSUSE

The original linux HDD was a Maxtor 160Gb SATA box, and the replacement is a Hitachi 250Gb SATA.

Now I know what linux lets me do today may not necessarily work exactly the same tomorrow, but this is the first time I’ve been caught out in such a strange way. If the worst comes to the worst I’ll shut down X-server and press keys, but…

Has anyone else experienced this? This is basically the same computer on a different day??? Any thoughts?

Hi,

I had this problem today… check out my thread for the solution:

Nvidia driver wont install - openSUSE Forums

Gordy

Cheers Gordy!

I came over a bit hasty as it’s nearly bed time for me and failed to properly read the rest of the forums before I posted - so for that I apologise!!!

Typical of me to choose today for a fresh install! The odds of it happening when the repository tripped over put me in with a good chance for winning the lottery this weekend lol!