Usb ports don't charge phone

I upgraded from 15.2 to 15.3 and noticed my usb ports no longer charge my iphone unless computer is in sleep. Used to charge all the time under 15.2

How odd
First thing I’d try is a different kernel
You could add one from 15.2 or go up the scale and try one from the Kernel HEAD repo

The reason may well be the kernel’s “USB Auto-Suspend” feature – <Power Management for USB — The Linux Kernel documentation.

• With the upgrade to Leap 15.3, the setting may well have been changed …

You could try installing the “powertop” package and use that to enable the USB port’s power supply.

I’m also having problems with digikam finding my iphone to import pictures too. I think it’s related to the usb power issue.

maybe I’ll try tumbleweed

Will probably not be fruitful – the issue is a default Kernel setting …

I tried a tumbleweed live cd and I was asked if I wanted to allow my iphone to connect. That doesn’t happen with leap 15.3

I upgraded to tumbleweed and everything works fine now…
it all worked ok in 15.2 but not 15.3

I do not have the problem but I nevertheless tried powertop and I see what is meant:

https://paste.opensuse.org/images/49040670.png

Well I reinstalled 15.3 and still having problems with the usb ports

Yes, but, it seems to be OK when you use Tumbleweed.

Here on Leap 15.2 –

> cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb?/power/control
auto
auto
auto
auto
auto
auto
 > 
 > cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb?/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
 > 

Meaning, on Leap 15.2, the power control related to the USB ports never, automatically suspends the ports –

• Maybe, this is different with Leap 15.3 – needs to be checked …

It ain’t – here on Leap 15.3 the same values – for the USB device control …

If I leave the phone plugged into the usb port and restart it works and charges. As soon as I disconnect from the usb and reconnect nothing, not even charging. If I put the pc in standby it starts charging.

I have this problem with tumbleweed. Whenever I plug in my phone trough USB 2.0 it doesn’t charge. Please help.

Please start a new thread on this, rather than using an older thread.