Updates And Repositories!?

hi. just installed suse11 32 as i found 64 was aweful for playing quake :wink:

But for some reason i can’t install the updates… i get this error…

kdesu(4159)/kdesu (kdelibs) KDESu::KDEsuClient::command: [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/kdelibs-4.0.4/kdesu/client.cpp : 196 ] no reply from daemon

And just an extra question. im looking to download things like “mplayer” so i can play mp4 files etc… and i use “XQF” which is a server browser for the games that CAN run on linux. Im an ex-mandriva user and all those things used to be available in the repositories on mandriva but i cant find anything in suse :frowning: Are there any extra repositories i can add? i remember there was one for suse’s 10.x

:slight_smile: Thanksssssssssssssss >:)

More repo’s

Andy

thats amazing thanks! :slight_smile:

any idea on my update error :’( ?

YaST > Software > Software Repositories has all the community repositories you can select from.

You can also use Webpin to search for packages and then 1-click install.

Also check out Package Repositories - openSUSE and Additional YaST Package Repositories - openSUSE

Does refreshing the repositories help with your error?

pressed refresh all, then finish, clicked update again and still got same error :frowning:

your problem is that there was no reply from the daemon. As you are using kde4, you do realise it is still buggy ? best to use kde 3

Andy

Try going to YaST > Software > Software Management. Change the filter to Repositories. From there choose the updates repository from the list. Then go to the menu: Package > All in this List > Update if Newer Version Available. Now go back to the Filter and change it to Installation Summary.

Does it have packages to install? If so click on Accept.

Not sure if you will still just get the same message, but worth a try:)

well i did nothing and its fixed itself somehow lol. and just for the record im using the new KDE yes :wink:

Thanks for all the help guys!.. just got 1 more issue to sort… that has to be posted elsewhere though :stuck_out_tongue:

once again… thank you all! :slight_smile: