Update dependency missing for Chromium

Hi there,

I have just updated my Leap 42.2 to 42.3 and (having had to manually install the Nvidia drivers again (irritating it couldn’t work out I needed to keep that one) I’m getting the following error when I try to do an update:

chromium-66.0.3359.139-155.1.x86_64 requires libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.23)(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided

Doe anyone know how I can go about getting this (and which repository I need to add using zypper or Yast)

Many thanks in advance

zypper lr -d

I have “chromium” installed, and it is the version you want. So it must be possible.

You probably have some older software installed, that is incompatible with the latest libstdc++. And that older software is blocking needed updates.

I suggest that you use Yast Software Management. Search for “libstdc++”. Then try to update to the latest version. Yast will probably give a conflict. But the conflict message might tell you what software you have that is blocking the update.

Note that you can always cancel out of Yast (instead of clicking “Accept”). The idea is to use it to investigate.

zypper se --provides 'libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.23)(64bit)'

It is libstdc++6 which is included in standard repositories for Leap.

Thanks everyone.I managed to go online and find a 1click install for Chromium which worked, I had to ad another repo and also uninstall an old version of something

For the record…here are my repos…anything here I’m missing for updates etc?

https://paste.opensuse.org/47681473

Thanks once again for the help guys