Unable to delete Trash files or folders

I had some folders and files in Trash when i upgraded from 11.4 to 12.2. When I attempt to delete folders or files from Trash I get the message:

“Access denied to Trash:8029-MyTrashFileOrFolder”

Why would I not be able to delete a file or file in Trash when I am the owner of that file or folder ?

Delete them from a terminal with root privileges. They’re stored in the ~/.local/share/Trash/files/ directory.

sudo rm -f ~/.local/share/Trash/files/*

On 2012-10-20 04:56, eldiener wrote:

> Why would I not be able to delete a file or file in Trash when I am the
> owner of that file or folder ?

Same UID?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

Yes. The UID was not changed by the upgrade. I will follow the suggestion to delete the files from Trash as root.

When I go to the ~/.local/share/Trash/files for my home directory, as root, and type ls -l, there are no files there.

On 10/20/2012 06:16 PM, eldiener wrote:
> When I go to the ~/.local/share/Trash/files for my home directory, as
> root, and type ls -l, there are no files there.

then root’s trash is empty…

that is, when as root you go to ~/.local/share/Trash/files/ you will be
looking in root’s home (~/) and at root’s trash…

but, what do you see if (as root) you do:

ls - l /home/[yourID]/.local/share/Trash/files/

dd

If you opened a terminal in your user session, then did

cd ~/.local/share/Trash/files/
ls -l

If some/all of the files can’t be deleted (because you’re not the owner), you can remove as instructed before.

The files directory is empty. Whether I try ls -l as root or as my own signon, there are no files in the directory.

Yet when I opne Dolphin and click on the Trash folder in the Places view, Trash shows two entire directory structures which i had previously deleted.

I did a ‘find’ for the directories showing in Trash, found them in my file system, and deleted them as root.