Two sound cards

Hola! Again…

Two sound card; one internal and one is usb. I have the internal one working. But, it’s not “configured” in Yast; I have to use /usr/sbin/alsaconf to get it to run. If I do anything in yast it stops working. I don’t even see the second card in yast. And I kind of need both to work.

Configure audio via YAST - Picasa Web Albums - Psyber Netik - Primary Sound…

Alsa-info.sh:http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=43ae537a649fd610071385a18870ab4cd95fc3d7

dmesg for the usb card

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=0a01
usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 4-1: Product: Logitech USB Headset
usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Logitech
usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

Did I also mention the fun part about needing both to work?

Do you have to do this everytime you reboot?

If so, what happens if instead you type: su -c 'rcalsasound restart’enter root password when prompted, and then test your sound ?

Reference using two sound cards to the full extent, I can’t help here at all. I have only one sound device, and no experience using two cards.

Nope. I only have to do it once. Unless I screw with it in someway; i.e. yast. You still want the output of the command?

No. … only if you had to go to yast each time you booted (to get sound)

No… it works. Any “theories”?

If it works now, without having to do anything extra, then perhaps all that was needed before was to configure it. It does work now, right?

I don’t know… It could be the magic pixies that live in the computers… It didn’t work… then a few days later it did…

The program I’m using is called mixxx. And it allows you to use two different Sound cards…

Another reason why linux rocks my socks off… :wink: