Two problems

Hi everyone! I’m on openSUSE 11.1 with gnome Firstly, since i don’t really appreciate the slab menu, I would like to know if there is any possibility to use the classical gnome menu but without the sub-categories already configured (eg : Applications/Internet/Web Browser/firefox is a bit too long… Applications/Internet/firefox would be much better!). In that way is there any menu configuration file or something like this?

Secondly, I deleted the original opensuse panels to reconfigure it in the gnome traditional way (like without the slab menu; applications on the top…) but i lost the applications list applet and i can’t figure out where to find it back :frowning: any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

For your second issue did you try to re load the menubar app?

The menu category structure is in the packages category structure. So, if you move Firefox to Games - Action, it will be back in Applications/Internet/Web after an update.

AFAIK you should have the traditional menu back, by removing the openSUSE-branding packages. The upstream packages will replace them as dependencies.

Thank you! I fixed the second problem.
But about the opensuse branding would you know which file in particular? I tried with “opensuse branding gnome menuz” but it just deleted the system sub categories, not the application ones.