Tumbleweed upgrade problem

Help!

I tried firstly “zypper dup” and got the first error, then tried “–from Tumbleweed” and got the second error.

Here are my repos:

# | Alias                    | Name                     | Enabled | Refresh | Type                                                                                                                                                                                             
--+--------------------------+--------------------------+---------+---------+-------                                                                                                                                                                                           
1 | PackmanTumbleweed        | PackmanTumbleweed        | Yes     | Yes     | rpm-md                                                                                                                                                                                           
2 | Tumbleweed               | Tumbleweed               | Yes     | Yes     | rpm-md                                                                                                                                                                                           
3 | dvd                      | dvd                      | Yes     | Yes     | rpm-md                                                                                                                                                                                           
4 | google-earth             | google-earth             | Yes     | Yes     | rpm-md                                                                                                                                                                                           
5 | openSUSE Current OSS     | openSUSE Current OSS     | Yes     | Yes     | yast2                                                                                                                                                                                            
6 | openSUSE Current non-OSS | openSUSE Current non-OSS | Yes     | Yes     | yast2                                                                                                                                                                                            
7 | openSUSE Current updates | openSUSE Current updates | Yes     | Yes     | rpm-md   
# zypper dup
Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...

Problem: nothing provides python-kde4 = 4.8.2 needed by python-kdebase4-4.8.2-7.1.x86_64
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  keep obsolete python-kdebase4-4.8.3-5.1.x86_64
  keep obsolete python-kde4-4.8.3-4.1.x86_64
 Solution 2: deinstallation of kdebase4-workspace-plasma-engine-akonadi-4.8.3-5.2.x86_64
 Solution 3: break python-kdebase4-4.8.2-7.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/3/c] (c): c

# zypper dup --from Tumbleweed
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...
2 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides python-kde4 = 4.8.2 needed by python-kdebase4-4.8.2-7.1.i586
Problem: nothing provides libgio-2_0-0 = 2.30.2-2.1 needed by gio-branding-openSUSE-12.1-2.1.noarch

Problem: nothing provides python-kde4 = 4.8.2 needed by python-kdebase4-4.8.2-7.1.i586
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  keep obsolete python-kdebase4-4.8.3-5.1.x86_64
  keep obsolete python-kde4-4.8.3-4.1.x86_64
 Solution 2: deinstallation of python-kdebase4-4.8.3-5.1.x86_64
 Solution 3: break python-kdebase4-4.8.2-7.1.i586 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/3/s/r/c] (c):

I have the same problem as you.

You need to wait

It’s being attended to, see here: Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed python update problem

A warning (while I wait for my system to restore from a backup LOL):

I became impatient for the fix that would allow “zypper dup” to work again. I locked akonadi and KDE pim. That made the warnings go away. And zypper dup ran smoothly, some 300 packages updated. I rebooted and reinstalled NVidia. And KDE crashed on login. And crashed thereafter at login time.

So I post this message from Knoppix while it restores my system to the pre-upgrade state.

Message: take a backup before you attempt to run zypper dup after creating workarounds for zypper conflicts.

Umm…
Didn’t experience any trouble myself

Can you recall what you did to workaround the package conflict/s?

I take it back John
I checked for updates again and there were some more, so I ran dup
Now I can’t login to that kde system

Not a big issue, because I’m using Gnome 3 + Tumbleweed for my main work now.

But. IIRC there looked to be lots of conflicts
I made 2 selections that cleared it all up, one was to keep obsolete k3b, the other I’ll have to go back and check (lib…?)

It was do not install: libqca2

I had already done:

deinstallation of python-kdebase4
Some time back

On 06/22/2012 02:46 PM, caf4926 wrote:
>
> It was do not install: libqca2
>
> I had already done:
>
> deinstallation of python-kdebase4
> Some time back
>
>
Ok, thanks Carl. Python-kdebase hey, OK I think I will try this one:

Currently the dependency problem is as follows:

> Problem: kdebase4-workspace-plasma-engine-akonadi-4.8.4-6.4.x86_64 requires akonadi-runtime >= 1.7.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
> deleted providers: akonadi-runtime-1.7.2-3.1.x86_64
> uninstallable providers: akonadi-runtime-1.7.2-3.2.i586[Tumbleweed]
> akonadi-runtime-1.7.2-3.2.x86_64[Tumbleweed]
> Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
> keep obsolete python-kdebase4-4.8.3-5.1.x86_64
> keep obsolete python-kde4-4.8.3-4.1.x86_64
> Solution 2: deinstallation of kdebase4-workspace-plasma-engine-akonadi-4.8.3-5.1.x86_64
> Solution 3: break kdebase4-workspace-plasma-engine-akonadi by ignoring some of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/3/c] (c): 1

So I went into Yast software and locked python-kdebase4 and python-kde4.

That allowed zypper dup to run and I’m getting 300+ changes. I wonder if
I’ll go off the air again after that finishes.

Might have to visit again in Knoppix ho ho.

Regards
swerdna

This python package was not updated on the R48 repo and I removed it, a few others did too.
But a few days ago, they finally got round to updating it, so I re-installed it. But my main box that run R48 has not had any problems without it, as I don’t use anything that really requires it. Adding it back didn’t cause any issues either.

The problem we have in Tumbleweed is not they same, least not that I can tell. And I don’t have time today to debug it. So many big issues in Life ATM, my Mother is dangerously ill, so I’m likely to be even less in evidence here.

OK John, I pulled the crash log, which as usual suggests it’s probably no use (unless you have every debug package that exist installed!)
SUSE Paste

On 06/22/2012 03:46 PM, caf4926 wrote:
>
> This python package was not updated on the R48 repo and I removed it, a
> few others did too.
> But a few days ago, they finally got round to updating it, so I
> re-installed it. But my main box that run R48 has not had any problems
> without it, as I don’t use anything that really requires it. Adding it
> back didn’t cause any issues either.
>
> The problem we have in Tumbleweed is not they same, least not that I
> can tell. And I don’t have time today to debug it. So many big issues in
> Life ATM, my Mother is dangerously ill, so I’m likely to be even less in
> evidence here.
>
>
My best wishes go for your Mother

Regards
swerdna

On 06/22/2012 10:56 PM, caf4926 wrote:
>
> caf4926;2470639 Wrote:
>> This python package was not updated on the R48 repo and I removed it, a
>> few others did too.
>> But a few days ago, they finally got round to updating it, so I
>> re-installed it. But my main box that run R48 has not had any problems
>> without it, as I don’t use anything that really requires it. Adding it
>> back didn’t cause any issues either.
>>
>> The problem we have in Tumbleweed is not they same, least not that I
>> can tell. And I don’t have time today to debug it. So many big issues in
>> Life ATM, my Mother is dangerously ill, so I’m likely to be even less in
>> evidence here.
>
My last attempt failed again, with again a KDE crash. I had to again
restore from backup. Tumbleweed is what I use day to day in my office,
and it must be working on Monday. So I will leave it alone now for a
while, not tempt fate.
>
> OK John, I pulled the crash log, which as usual suggests it’s probably
> no use (unless you have every debug package that exist installed!)
> ‘SUSE Paste’ (http://paste.opensuse.org/10859969)
>
>

Thanks for the log Carl. It does not tell me anything straight up
(because it’s above my level of experience).

Regards
swerdna

Gnome is working for me

Today

zypper dup

and it’s all working again

Sorry to hear about your mother, Caf.

Yeah, she has Cancer + other complications. It’s very upsetting …

On 06/23/2012 04:16 PM, caf4926 wrote:
>
> Today
>
> zypper dup
>
> and it’s all working again
>
>

Me too

Regards
swerdna