Tumbleweed updates, and flaws?

Greetings people.

So i was chilling with my X3; Farnhams legends, and things were going good. Then i took a short break from it, because i had other things to do IRL…
I came back, and saw the notification, that Tumbleweed had updates. - So, naturally i updated… Takes no time at all on my connection/machine.
Done in a minute, or less. And i wanted to start the game again…

It’s run through Steam, and has it’s own little “launcher” when you start it. Steam launches the launcher… Yea, don’t make much sense, i know…

So, launcher popped up, and i click “play”… Steam says “Running”… Yet nothing happens… I’m still on the desktop… What happened? I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling… Same result…

Can anyone give me a solution to this issue ?

That happens often with Steam games. Restart your computer. Chose another launcher option…different stuff to check.

@Lazzie Hi, how did you update this system, hopefully from the command line with zypper dup? At this point you can also use zypper ps -s to check what may need restarting, logout/login or as indicated by @hui a reboot…

I did reboot, after the updates. As was adviced after the updates. I saw kernel files amongst them, so i know it would be foolish not too…

Not entirely sure, if you can launch steamgames outside steam ? Never tried that actually? Been stuck in windows for too many years, i guess…

Yes, i did do “su -” and then “zypper dup”…

1 Like

No need. Steam has launcher options for all games.

There is a vast amount of launcher options available. Also have a always a look at ProtonDB if there are launcher recommendations:

Thank you… I’ll have a look at this… :wink: