Tumbleweed: Unable to boot into GUI (problem with unlocking encrypted disk probably)

Look at Tumbleweed: Unable to boot into GUI (problem with unlocking encrypted disk probably) - #5 by arvidjaar

You need a Live system (or move the disk to another computer) if you do not have dracut emergency shell.

Good news is that dracut-pcr-signature got updated (to version 0.3+1: “Include mktemp in initrd”) in snapshot 20240415, with which the problem got fixed (dracut without disabling pcr-signature then boot successfully) for me.

So, having implemented arvidjaar’s solution, should we now delete the disable-pcr-signature.conf file from the /etc/dracut.conf.d/ before doing zypper dup?

I did so earlier without problem. :thinking: In case rebuilding initrd isn’t triggered by updating, I think it would be safe to dracut -f --regenerate-all manually.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on, but after removing the disable-pcr-signature.conf and upgrading to 20240418 today I get a ‘Failed to start Cryptography Setup for cr-root’ issue again on kernel 6.8.6.1 but not if I select 6.8.5.1

I’m happy to report that all is now well after upgrading to kernel 6.8.7-1 with Tumbleweed 20240419

1 Like