time saving posting&replying (p2pchat with a lot of options for advanced form of screen capture....)

I’ve idea that’ll be time saving & increase productivity on any forums and here it is: like MS has skype this forums hould have its own p2p video chat, cuase sometimes i postes something and even if i’ve quite a lot peeps replying and giving me a good advice I may reply fro 20 min hour over night… and first i’m adviced it is this problem give output of that commnad… and then we realized it is smth different or if you can’t express yourself exactly = the others don’t understand you quite well but you know what you mean exactly. And here is my vision a p2p video chat where where there’d be option for pausing the screen capture (if you have sensitive data- passwords…) replace the sensitive text in screen capture and then “play” the screen capture further. And this forums’d have built in radio button = online for this chat (not only for forum like now) and it’ll appear on the all threads you’re subscribed in = only online for subscr threads, online for particular forum like: you can login with this chat on the entire forums or only some forum (so for others you’d be invisible…), e.g. you’re good app developer but bad sys admin you’d be only online for applications… There could be reputation for each section and bests’d be on the top of drop down list which could be placed on the side of froum here or in that p2p chat. That’s my basic idea, it could save a lot of time. And the reputation could be based on some marking system not only on posts made=not quantity but quality

nobody appreciating that idea…?? maybe I should add integrated in forum in the title and also that I’m not that good coder, so if anyone fancy that idea, you could do it, just take some existing p2p chat and edit it, but also some participation from novel (thay host this server right?), to enable that integration. I think this would improve learning any type of coding/computer science, so really anybody can learn it.

On Fri 14 Feb 2014 07:36:01 PM CST, roberto68 wrote:

nobody appreciating that idea…?? maybe I should add integrated in
forum in the title and also that I’m not that good coder, so if anyone
fancy that idea, you could do it, just take some existing p2p chat and
edit it, but also some participation from novel (thay host this server
right?), to enable that integration. I think this would improve learning
any type of coding/computer science, so really anybody can learn it.

Hi
If you want real time support, there are a plethora of channels on IRC,
there is even #opensuse-forums on Freenode :wink:
http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate#Instant_chat_.28IRC.29

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

I know but on that IRC channels hm… sometimes you find sb who can help you at that time and after several minutes that message is forgotten, but you know sometimes when you don’t/can’t explain yourself properly or know what you want too generally and you need to separate it into smaller issues (this manly happens to noobs or not so expirienced users with that particular topic), so screen sharing or even 1-2 minute of talk could make things clear whereas you need 4-5 or more posts to do so. I mean the combo video chat + forum(chat integration) would be much more efficient than it is right now. And finally it can bring to linux or generaly any computer science more people= more new bright ideas

On 2014-02-14 22:06, roberto68 wrote:
>
> I know but on that IRC channels hm… sometimes you find sb who can
> help you at that time and after several minutes that message is
> forgotten, but you know sometimes when you don’t/can’t explain yourself
> properly or know what you want too generally and you need to separate it
> into smaller issues (this manly happens to noobs or not so expirienced
> users with that particular topic), so screen sharing or even 1-2 minute
> of talk could make things clear whereas you need 4-5 or more posts to do
> so. I mean the combo video chat + forum(chat integration) would be
> much more efficient than it is right now. And finally it can bring to
> linux or generaly any computer science more people= more new bright
> ideas

Well, people can contact using skype or whatever, if they like (I
don’t). But it needs both sides being available at the same time.

I much prefer the current method. I answer when I have time. It can be a
minute later, or a week later.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

that’s right, but like : you’ve time during a break at work or reading/ watching some news, whatever… you’ve time for that, so you are online on that p2p chat. And of course not skype, some little rebuilding’d be needed or take some other p2p video chat ( I hope there are some opensource) and customize it little bit. This’d be suitable when you’re somewhere near PC and’ve time, and there are many skilled user so there always’d be somebody eise online to help

It’ll be most sutiable when sb have problem to explain what he wants exactly or it’s more complex thing but if you talk for 2-3 minutes it can be like write 5 posts. And robin you said that you ask when you’ve time - I guess everybody does that too, so if you’ve time to be on that forum you’ll may have time to be on that chat. But if you know exactly what you want, what’s your problem you’ll still write thread, but in case you don’t know, chat’d be suitable.

On 2014-02-15 14:36, roberto68 wrote:
>
> It’ll be most sutiable when sb have problem to explain what he wants
> exactly or it’s more complex thing but if you talk for 2-3 minutes it
> can be like write 5 posts. And robin you said that you ask when you’ve
> time

No, I answer when I have time.

On the other hand, video chat is not that simple to code. You have to
use an application that does exist already, not add that functionality
to a forum. Skype is simply a popular one.

And there are several applications and protocols for video chat. You
need to use at least one that handles the same protocol as the other side.

But as I said, that is not something I will use.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

If the Skype user has a paid LD subscription, they also have included Voicemail. I have that, so if someone calls when I am offline, they can leave a message. However, that is not much different than posting on the forum and waiting for someone to see it and reply, is it?

I much prefer the current method. I answer when I have time. It can be a
minute later, or a week later.

Yes, much preferred by me, as well. It also gives time to consider the problem and to put some thought into the reply.

On 2014-02-20 04:36, Fraser Bell wrote:
>
> robin_listas;2624839 Wrote:
>>
>> Well, people can contact using skype or whatever, if they like (I
>> don’t). But it needs both sides being available at the same time.
>>
>
> If the Skype user has a paid LD subscription, they also have included
> Voicemail. I have that, so if someone calls when I am offline, they can
> leave a message.

I think I have that too, without paying (I payed once. My account is now
at 0). I’d have to check.

> However, that is not much different than posting on
> the forum and waiting for someone to see it and reply, is it?

Right.

>> I much prefer the current method. I answer when I have time. It can be a
>> minute later, or a week later.
>>
>
> Yes, much preferred by me, as well. It also gives time to consider the
> problem and to put some thought into the reply.

Absolutely.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

As someone who is more likely to need a question answered than give the answer to a question, I would like to say I like the current format.
It gives me a chance when I have a problem to search for a solution an maybe learn a little more about openSuse while implementing a solution to my problem.

Also, just seeing that several others had a similar problem with their laptops not recovering from sleep (besides giving me a solution) saved me some frustration and kept me from thinking “why did I chose this distro”.

If a problem was discussed in skype, how would I know if a solution exists if I have a similar problem?