The mouse is vanished

I tried to install the Ati drivers for my Ati mobility radeon 3450 hd, on OpenSuse 11.2. The installation failed, and i don’t know why. The big problem is that since that moment, when I restart, the mouse is vanished. I can use it but i can’t see it. How I have to do?
sorry for my english, I’m italian…

I think it would be best for the graphics system to use the Vesa driver, temporarily. This should give you GUI, keyboard and mouse. You can then investigate the reason why the Radeon driver installation did not work.

To use Vesa:

1. Boot the system and, when you get to the grub menu, press 3 on the keyboard. This will be shown on the extra options list at the bottom of the menu. Then press Enter to continue. This will boot the system into no-graphics run-level 3 mode.

2. When the system boots it will give you a text mode console login instead of the normal GUI login screen. Login as root with the normal password.

3. Type the following command to install the Vesa graphics driver:

sax2 -r -m 0=vesa

Do not change the case of the letters!. Follow the instructions.

1. Type the command:

shutdown -r now

This will reboot the system back into the normal GUI mode.

When you attempted to install the ATI driver what exactly happened? Did you:

a) download the Catalyst package,
b) run that to generate an RPM,
c) then install the RPM (called fglrx I think) under Yast?

If not, what did you do?

Hope that helps.

PS: your English is good.

Check out the suggestion in post#12 of this thread to see if it helps:
openSUSE Graphic Card Practical Theory Guide for Users - openSUSE Forums

Thank you very much…
I made what you said. All was ok and the mouse was back. Then i delete, using the yast, the video driver (ATI) that i’ve previously installed. Now, everytime i start Suse, even in failsafe, start the runlevel 5 and i can’t use the normal suse! What i have to do?
I try to re-install the vesa, but nothing changes… Thanks

Maybe you forgot to remove the fglrx command?

Boot to a text mode (run level 3) and run the command:

su -c 'rpm -e $(rpm -qa '*fglrx*')'

and enter root password when prompted.

Also pay attention this guide (post #1): openSUSE Graphic Card Practical Theory Guide for Users - openSUSE Forums

I try to do what you said, but nothing happened… Then I try to use the automatic repair, using the dvd of OpenSuse11.2. Lots of problems and bugs. My pc did not see my windows partition, then it saw only windows partition and opensuse did not work. I made a format and I re-install suse (I did install it the first time fews days ago). Now all works properly… but i’m afraid of install the Ati driver!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks to everyone try to help me…