tcsh not sourcing .cshrc

I have /bin/tcsh as my login shell. The date on /bin/tcsh is recent, 10/22, so apparently it was updated recently by zypper. Now when I ssh to the system, I get a “>” prompt, which indicates that it did not source my .cshrc. I don’t see any notes that indicates this should have changed. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? If I do “source .cshrc” by hand, it works. My .cshrc is a sym link, if that matters.

I also just noticed that ~ expansion is turned off by default. If I do “unset noglob” ~ expansion starts working again. Perhaps this is the problem with reading ~/.cshrc? So the question is why did the noglob default change with the recent tcsh update?

It’s a bug. This first showed up in Tumbleweed
Bug 1153839

I also reported for Leap 15.1

Bug 1155172.
The update for 15.1 has been removed from the update repo, and a fix is in preparation.

In the meantime, you can use the Versions tab in Yast to install the previous version (version 6.20.00-lp151.3.3.1) to fix the problem. Or, as you have discovered:

unset noglob
source .cshrc

Thank you! Very helpful!

Checking this morning, I see that updates for “tcsh” are available for both Leap 15.0 and Leap 15.1. I have installed those, and csh is now working normally.