System reboot fails during 11.3 installation

Hello all.
I am trying to update my OS from Opensuse 11.2 to 11.3 using the installation DVD (checked OK). Everything is OK during the installation process until the message “System is going to reboot” is displayed with a countdown : when the countdown is finished, the screen becomes black and the screensaver starts, but the system does not reboot. When I reboot manually, after selecting “Opensuse 11.3 desktop” on the first menu, the screen becomes black and the screensaver starts.
So the installation seems incomplete and I do not know how to finalize it. When I select the failsafe option on the first menu, it seems to work but some behaviours are quite “strange”… When I choose update instead of installation at the beginning, the behaviour is the same.

I do not know if it is linked but the firmware tests started from the installation DVD show the following errors :

[FAIL] CPU frequency scaling tests (1-2 mins)
4 CPU frequency steps supported
F Supposed higner frequency is slower on CPU 0!
[FAIL] HPET configuration test
F Failed to locate HPET base
[FAIL] OS/2 memory hole test
F The memory map has a memory hole between 15Mb and 16Mb
[WARN] EDD Boot disk hinting
device 80: The system boots from device 0000:00:0e.0 channel: 0 device: 0
W device 80: No matching MBR signature (0x00000000) found for the boot disk

Memory tests are OK.

Thanks for your help.

You did not say you tested the media. Also which video card do you have?

I wrote that the DVD has been tested OK. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150. Thanks.

Try this at boot type nomodeset as a start parameter.
If this works you will want to install the propritary NVIDIA driver. Also add the nomodeset to to the kernel parameters in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.

See SDB:Configuring graphics cards - openSUSE

Thanks a lot gogalthorp for your help, now it works perfectly !

You might want to check this too
nVidia Driver via Repo in 11.3 - Guide