system error

good day.

i am using suse 10.3. there is a opensuse updater error:

/usr/sbin/zypp-checkpatches-wrapper: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0

i opened the yast and hit on the software management, also the error:

error loading language plugin /usr/lib/yast2/plugin/liby2lang_perl.so: libsqlite3.so.0

i cant use the system restore because of the same error too. help please. thank you.

You can use your system though? It’s just your updater causing problems?

In a terminal go su

type:
zypper in libzypp sqlite3

post results of:
zypper lu

yes i can use the system. i uninstalled the sqlite yesterday, i was trying to use the mysql instead. there were dependencies i just select the ignore button. i am trying to use the system restoration but theres a error:

error loading language plugin /usr/lib/yast2/plugin/libpy2lang_perl.so: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

no such client module restore.

i went to terminal and su root then typed in “zypper lu”, the errror is:

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

do you have another package manager installded: eg smart

otherwise, I’m not too sure how you should proceed. You may be able to force a re-installation of the broken packages.
I know a way to do it, but it’s a bit fiddly and may not be the best or most efficient way.

Try this: (make a backup of the directory /var/lib/rpm first)
Then in a terminal:
su
rpm --rebuilddb

/G

If your not sure how to proceed other than a “fiddly” way not worth posting as it provides no help whatsoever

geoffro:
I was simply trying to give moj591669 some hope for a future solution. Trusting that someone more gifted - like yourself might come along. There is nothing worse than getting no response at all. New users tend to go into panic mode and start clicking like crazy.:wink:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:36:01 +0700, moj591669
<moj591669@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
>
> zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: no such file or directory.
>
>

in this case you should install sqlite3 manually using rpm.

if you have DVD, search the sqlite package in there, or download one
from 10.3 repositories.

in case you did not know how to use rpm,

$ rpm -i sqlite-<insert-version-number>.rpm

thank you for the help kind sirs. i was overcome by panic :slight_smile: and didnt think. i just re installed the sqlite from the cd and its now working fine again. thanks again for the replies.