SuSE not trusting any outside connection

I just configured a SuSE build with SuSE Studio. It is running KDE4, and I just installed Konqueror. When opening any website, it comes up with an error saying

The server failed the authenticity check (apis.google.com - or any other URL here).

The certificate authority's certificate is invalid
The root certificate authority's certificate is not trusted for this purpose

It also does not allow logging into Minecraft, the console reports this:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty                        
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:208)                                                                                                                             
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1697)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1660)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:1643)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1224)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1201)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:440)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:153)
        at net.minecraft.Util.excutePost(Util.java:80)
        at net.minecraft.LauncherFrame.login(LauncherFrame.java:96)
        at net.minecraft.LoginForm$5.run(LoginForm.java:117)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
        at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:75)
        at sun.security.validator.Validator.getInstance(Validator.java:178)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.getValidator(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:129)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:225)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:270)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1144)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:154)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:610)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:546)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:945)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1190)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1217)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
        at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.setTrustAnchors(PKIXParameters.java:200)
        at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.<init>(PKIXParameters.java:120)
        at java.security.cert.PKIXBuilderParameters.<init>(PKIXBuilderParameters.java:104)
        at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:73)
        ... 18 more

I’m a fair bit rusty on my Linux skills as I’ve been running Macs for a few years.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Wanted to note that I did install Google Chrome and it allows me to browse websites normally, but nothing KDE will.

On 2012-01-14 21:46, syath wrote:
>
> I just configured a SuSE build with SuSE Studio.

There is a specific forum for suse studio.

I have no idea what you could have done.

> I’m a fair bit rusty on my Linux skills as I’ve been running Macs for a
> few years.

Then, why did you use studio, instead of the plain openSUSE?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

I apologize, in my haste I saw this forum and went on to posting. I chose Studio due to a much smaller download on a very slow connection. I suppose I will wait out a download of SuSE and see if that can resolve my issue.

On 2012-01-14 22:06, syath wrote:
>
> I apologize, in my haste I saw this forum and went on to posting. I
> chose Studio due to a much smaller download on a very slow connection.

You can download a ready made CD, that is as small as you can get it.

<http://software.opensuse.org/121/en>

Just click on the options you prefer. If that is still to much, You can
search for a magazine that gives out cds with it. You might get lucky.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)