SUSE KDE Menu style in openSUSE 11.2 M4

In KDE 3.5 there was the option to set up the menu with the option “change menu to SUSE style” but it is not available in KDE 4.2.95, are there plans to implement it or it will not be available anymore?, I think that the SUSE style is better than the KDE style.

What do you mean by SUSE style? If you mean the difference between the kickoff style and the classic style, you can change that by right clicking on the application launcher, then choosing Switch To Classic Menu Style.

Take Care,

Ian

I’m curious as how to do this. I don’t see the option to allow the change the settings. Using KDE 4.3 RC3

First unlock widgets, then right click the application launcher (either blue K icon, or green openSUSE lizard if you haven’t changed the icon yet), then choose Switch to Classic Style Menu.

Alternatively you can remove the application launcher, then click the cashew on the right hand side of the panel and choose add widgets. Search for Application Launcher and choose the one with the description “traditional menu-based application launcher”.

Take Care,

Ian

LOL That did the trick. Hmm. This opened a new window of opurtunity to me. I prefer kickoff though to the windows xp style menu.

Thanks for the info

It is not the clasic or kickoff style, it is SUSE style, if you right clic the lizard icon in KDE 3.5 you can switch to SUSE style, it is similar to kickoff but more practical and easier to use, it was implemented in 11.0 and 11.1 with KDE 3.5.