sound works, headphones don't

I have a Gateway m6862 with integrated realtek hd sound and am running suse 11.1 with kde4.1. sound works fine out of the box with the speakers but when I plug my heaphones in I get no sound even when I unmute everything ect… anyway to fix this?

forums wont let me edit my post so
edit: I have intel sound

model 82801H ich8 sound

You could try working your way thru the openSUSE audio troubleshooting guide:
SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

Ensure you moved both master and PCM volume and headphone controls up in your mixer to 95% when testing sound. After you have confirmed basic sound you can move those down to a lower level to remove distortion. However since you have sound already, that recommendation is not so applicable.

The troubleshooting guide is mostly for helping with basic speaker sound, so you may find it does not help.

In which case, if you have no success with the audio troubleshooting guide, then I will need more information if I am to make a recommendation … So can you provide more very detailed information so a good recommendation can be given? In the case of openSUSE-11.1, you can do that, with your PC connected to the internet, by opening a gnome-terminal or a kde konsole and typing with root permissions twice:/usr/sbin/alsa-info.shthe first time it will update the diagnostic script, and the second time that will run the diagnostic script and post the output to a web site on the Internet. It will give you the URL of the web site. Please post that URL here. Just the URL.

Also, please to provide additional information, copy and paste the following commands one line at a time into a gnome-terminal or a konsole and post here the output: rpm -qa | grep alsa
rpm -qa | grep pulse
rpm -q libasound2
uname -a
cat /etc/modprobe.d/soundWe also need that output in order to come up with a hopefully helpful recommendation.