Sound popping/cracking with easyeffects

hi. since a few months, whenever i have lots of programs using audio, the sound ends up cracking/popping
as far as i know it only happens with easyeffects on. which is a program is absolutely need due to the compressor effect and many other input effects i use to make my mic sound much better.
i’ve noticed the cracking/popping happens in 2 cases : whenever i stream a game on discord (with sound) or use soundux with a game
i’ve looked through many forums to attempts fixing the cracking issue but i can’t find anything that works, i’ve also checked the github of easyeffects and tried to apply the fixes mentionned but no avail…
the issue seems to only happen on my headset (razer kraken) and not with the analog output but i’m not sure that it’s related
did anyone face the same issue ?

Yes I have but after various updates, it no longer seems to happen for me. Maybe it was disabled automatically. Not sure but I have experienced this.

Maybe it was disabled

what was disabled ?
did you use easyeffects ?

I had it on a month ago and was experiencing issues with cracking and popping. But it doesn’t happen anymore. I am not sure if it was turned off automatically.

Just checked, my effects are still applied.

strange, i’ve been running the latest packages and the issue still happens, especially with soundux opened
i’ve managed to reproduce the issue a few hours ago

1 Like

so i’ve switched to slowroll, same issues, stock pipewire config (nothing in ~/.config/pipewire)
i’ve noticed that popping happens even with soundux off, and no screenshare on discord, just basic voice chat and other audio sources, altought the issue happens rarely and only for a split second, it still happens but it seems random.
however, increasing audio sources/sinks increases the problem. i’ve tried increasing the link.max-buffers = 16 from 16 to 64, as it was mentionned on some forums that some users could solve the issue with this, that didn’t work for me.

Recently it only happened twice for me. Idk…