Sound no longer working after a format/re-install

Please help. I recently re-formatted and re-installed winXP and my sound just doesn’t work. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I have tried installing the drivers from the SonySupport pages but that was no good and i’ve looked it tons of other places.
Here is what my computer shows in my sound properties…

sound picture by mbwest165 - Photobucket

and i have a Snoy Viao VGN-FS660/W more details here…

Sony eSupport - VGN-FS660W - Manuals / Specs / Warranty

all i can find out about my sound card is that it is a “Windows® sound system compatible, Built-in stereo speakers”.

Please help guys, this is driving me nuts!!!

Thanks in advance
(please let me know if i have posted in the wrong place or anything!)
Thanks again!

Have you run thru this
SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

You might indeed have posted in the wrong place.

While most of us do not realy eat Windows XP users, we are another bunch of girls and guys. We use openSUSE.

You would most pobably get more help in a Windows XP forum.

Wish you all the best, and when you might be interested in using a real OS come back and join us. lol!

You know, I didn’t check that image. It is I think something out of XP.
I thought Windows was supposed to be a doddle.:X

Aha, not just the wrong place, the wrong forum entirely! Never mind, thanks anyway!
OpenSUSE, never heard of it but yes im sure it is much better than windows, can i be bothered to buy, install, learn and deconflict with another OS? Unfortunately not!
Thanks anyway guys!

O yes, you can.

You can run a so called live CD which only goes into your memory and does not touch your disks. Nice for testing if you like it or not.

And you can install om the same system in a dual boot configuration where you can choose on every boot which one to load.

This is all about Open Source Software: feel free!

And no, you do not bye, you just download without any fears of doing something illegal: Welcome to openSUSE.org - openSUSE