Some kind of wireless matter? Really need help..

Hi, i just installed OpenSuse 10 on my acer aspire 4715z laptop.
Previously I had been running linpus linux and had gotten the wireless card not work. Then i’ve tried that
and everything I can think of to get the wireless up and running on this new install, but so far, no dice. The little light for my wireless card won’t even turn blue. It just stays orange no matter how many times I switch it on/off. Any suggestions as to how I can get the wireless up and running?

I’ve been thinking bout madwifi… Does it really works in my case??? Help me!!!

Could you please post the output of “hwinfo --wlan”? if the card should work with madwifi it needs to be an atheros chipset. I’m pretty sure someone could help you, if you’d provide some more detailed information.

Thanks in advance!

It was atheros. I’m really new with suse linux. I’m using suse linux 10.1. When i tried with iwconfig it state no wireless extension.

Hi…
I’m a very2 newbie with suse linux. I’m using suselinux 10.1. I’m in big trouble. I really need your favour to configure my wireless. It was atheros. I try with iwconfig and the answer is no wireless extension. Can u give details explaination & step by step how to make my wireless works. I’m out of my mind. Really hope that you can give the favour. So please help me… Thank you very much.

I’m not sure either this is what should i put here as the hwinfo

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications. Inc Unknown device 001c (rev 01)
Subsystem: Unknown device 1a32:0105
Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 177
Memory at f8000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64]
Capabilities:<access denied>

Processor

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2390 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.86GHz, 533 MHz FSB)

Operating System

Suse Linux 10.1

Chipset

Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset

Memory

1GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory

Display

14.1" WXGA high-brightness (200-nit) Acer CrystalBrite™ TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution

Graphics

Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 with up to 358 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0 (8 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 350 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10

Audio

Two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers, Intel® High Definition Audio support

Storage

160GB hard disk drive

Drives

8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive

Communcation

Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam supporting Acer PrimaLite™ technology WLAN: Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® solution, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology LAN: Fast Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval, Wake-on-Ring ready

I/O Port

ExpressCard™/54 slot Three USB 2.0 ports External display (VGA) port S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port1 Headphone/speaker/line-out jack Microphone-in jack Ethernet (RJ-45) port Modem (RJ-11) port DC-in jack for AC adapter

I’m afraid that the webcam also didn’t work… Please help me…[/size]

This is my wireless lan hardware information
atheros wlan controller
bus ID:4
Bus:PCI
Class (Spec):
Class: Network controller
Device Identifier (spec)65797
Device Identifier
Driver
active:Yes
modprobe: Yes
modules
modprobe ath_pci
Model: Atheros WLAN controller
Old Unique Key:pjxb+5TRYAzNsA8

Resources
irq
count:0
enabled:Yes
irq:177
mem
active:Yes
length:65536
start:4160749568
Revision:1
Subvendor Identifier:72242
Unique Key:YmUS+5TRYAzNsA8
Vendor Identifier:71308
Vendor: Atheros Communications. Inc
Wireless LAN:Yes
bus_hwcfg:pci
sysfs_bus_id:0000:04:00.0
udi:/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_168c_1c
is_xen:No

have you installed the madwifi drivers ? if you have a wired connection, you can download from here Index of /suse/11.0

Andy

have you installed the madwifi drivers ? if you have a wired connection, you can download from here Index of /suse/11.0

Andy