SLES 10 SP1 and Dansguardian

Hello,

We have a Dell GX270 w/1 Gig of ram with SLES 10 SP1 running Dansguardian 2.8.0.6. It ran beautifully for the last 6 month, then it started to give us “The Proxy connection refused by sever” or a straight “Access denied” errors. Generally if you were persistent and kept refreshing the page you would get through.
Restarting the service helped for a moment or two, but that was about it.
I flattened the machine and did a clean install of SLES 10 and Dansguardian. The problem returned pretty much right off the bat.
In Var/Log/Mail is reporting “Linux postfix/postmap [4108]: Warning: my hostname proxy-server is not a fully qualified name set myhostname or mydomain in etc/postfix/main.cf” That may be a red herring though. The domain name looked correct in main.cf, but I’m a novice when it comes to Linux. I know just enough to dig myself a good hole. Anyone have a suggestion?

On 09/22/2008 russellleete wrote:
> SLES 10 SP1

Wrong forum server. Please go to forums.novell.com, we have dedicated SLES forums there.

Uwe

Thank you. I think it’s in the right place now. How do I delete this thread?

• russellleete wrote, On 09/22/2008 07:16 PM:
    > Thank you. I think it’s in the right place now. How do I delete this
    > thread?

Just let it stay. Others may see the information and go to forums.novell.com if they are in the same situation.

Uwe