Since last zypper dup all my smb mounts are set to root

I have a TW/KDE system which prior to the very recent very large update I have noticed a change in the properties of any SMB mount, where as before they would be accessible from my user they now have user and group set to root for all directories which means I am unable to easily copy from my files to a directory on the SMB mounted directory. I am by the way using SMB4K to do the mounting.

Is this perhaps a result of the fix for the recently detected vunerablility or a new bug?

Stuart

As you don’t show any configs…
Do you have set the uid of your user properly in the fstab entry?

These are not permanent mounts vis the fstab but each one is done when needed via SMB4K. Prior to this very large update it worked fine, now something has changed so any mount done by SMB4K now sets all directories on the remote file system to root.

Stuart

I’m not familiar with SMB4K however if it uses KFileItem then you might be hit by this problem:

KFileItem
dolphin shows this problem

I manually mount my SMB-shares with cifs and that works.

Thanks I’ll investigate the CIFS mount and see.

Stuart

Yes I had forgotten ages ago I’d set up CIFS mounts in a script and that works fine. I do suspect the fix for the vulnerability.

STuart

While you might find a usable by-pass (or even a a definitive solution) for your case, to me this looks like something worth a bug report. It worked as intended until a certain update.

I will indeed create a bug later today.

Stuart

Where did you get that package from? I can’t find it in any “official” openSUSE Tumbleweed repository.

Are you using /home: or factory repositories? Or did you install it with opi from OBS?

If I remember correctly it’s in KDE Extras.

Stuart

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.