Share a folder in my LAN

Hello,
i need a suggestion about file sharing. I always used Samba, but don’t know if is the correct method with Micro OS.
Tried smb with podman (not know containers very well) but seem i can’t use privileged ports rootless. I tried to install it to the system, but i messed my home folder with SELinuix permissions… Samba was working, but was usable to login with SDDM.

Should i use NFS? Install the server and client in every machine? (1 pc, 2 laptops all linux).
Or is better a container for leave the system untouched?

@Gluca Since ssh service is present, just use sshfs, or if you open the filemanager you should be able to connect over sftp…

1 Like

Testing sftp for transfer media and documents… Seem is not slower of smb, as i was though. Thanks for the suggestion @malcolmlewis

sshfs

I use it constantly across my network.

Syncthing?

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, actually sftp work very well with file managers.
Was looking to something to sync some folder, maybe with flatpak. I have 2 rapsberry as NAS but them run Debian (DietPi).

@Gluca use rsync with ssh…

1 Like

Yes, was looking at rsync. Never used it, maybe i can create a service for auto sync every day.

@Gluca yes, a user systemd service and a timer, assuming it’s the user files to backup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.