[S] GUI for Wine

Two questions for you:

1. Which repository do I need in order to always be on the latest wine release?
  2. I couldn’t find a GUI for it. Does it even exist?

Thanks for your patience, people.

1. wine CVS repo -download.opensuse.org, /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1/ I’m currently running wine version 1.24.*something or other.
  1. Wine-doors maybe. Or if you want to run steam easily and don’t mind paying for it, then crossover games is very good. You can demo it for 30 days free.

I just re-enabled that repo, and updated to wine 1.28.3 which I’m guessing is the latest CVS build.

No idea why Yast thought that it needed kde4-weatherwallpapers as an automatic dependency though :sarcastic:.

Mh… the CVS build isn’t in there. I’ve got wine fro the packman repo, but certainly I would like to get the most recent directly from the wine team without having to compile it myself.
**So what’s the repo for always retrieving the most actual stuff?
Currently I have set the following repo:download.opensuse.org
/repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1/ - but for wine-doors I cannot resolve the compatibility issue. “orange” is needed.

Here is a currently more important question for which I didn’t want to open another thread:
How would it be possible to create a desktop entry that opens wineconsole and executes certain commands in it?

So far I’ve created this:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=wineconsole cmd >> HERE SHOULD BE THE COMMANDS THAT LET WINECONSOLE TO AUTOMATICALLY EXECUTE A BATCH FILE
Type=Application

There is a GUI for Wine in Ubuntu.
You can add apps trough the GUI. or run apps from it.
The libs used by Wine and other info about Wine can be shown.
For installing: Wine has a Drive C: (folder) where it puts all the installed apps. Like in Suse all apps can also be used through a desktop-starter
see http://wiki.ubuntu-nl.org/Wine