Running lutris flatpak under native wayland and use gamescope?

Hello everyone first time writing here.

I came from arch Linux and so far I’m enjoying opensuse quite a bit really feels lest hacky, tho some things are different and seem to not find much info over at reddit about this type of things specifically coming from opensuse users (plus the blackout still going).

My question is if there’s anyone running lutris flatpak under wayland (not xwayland) and using gamescope as well. I read over at the archwiki that I should use this command since I’m using an nvidia card in order to use gamescope:

flatpak override --env=GBM_BACKENDS_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/GL/nvidia-XXX-YY-ZZ/extra/gbm packageid

But seems that the path is not the same on opensuse. As well everytime I try to use the lutris flatpak under xwayland it works fine and launches the games but if I use it under native wayland it would not launch the games at all.

In any case thanks in advance for your support.

1 Like

I did some research and found a few possible solutions.

1. You can try using the following command to override the GBM_BACKENDS_PATH environment variable:

flatpak override --env=GBM_BACKENDS_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia/xorg/extra/gbm packageid

This is the path to the GBM backends on openSUSE.

1. You can try disabling the Wayland compositor and running Lutris under Xorg. This will work, but it is not ideal because it will not take advantage of the performance benefits of Wayland.
  2. You can wait for a fix from the Lutris developers. They are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

I hope this helps!

Here are some additional things you can try:

• Make sure that you are using the latest version of Lutris.
  • Try restarting your computer.
  • Try disabling any other graphics drivers or software that you are not using.
  • If you are still having trouble, you can ask for help on the Lutris forums.

I hope you are able to get Lutris working under native Wayland on openSUSE.