RC1 & Chromium

Has any one had success in installing?

I tried but it starts then quickly closes. Ran it from a c/l and it shows a segmentation error.

I installed google chrome beta in RC1. Ran google-chrome in terminal and installed the missing dependencies it asked for one by one.

Might try that.

Thanks for posting. I installed chrome but chromium still does not work.

@dth2

From where are you obtaining Chromium?

from here:-

Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Contrib/standard

• dth2 wrote, On 02/12/2011 09:06 PM:
    >
    > from here:-
    >
    > ‘Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Contrib/standard’
    > (http://tinyurl.com/ydduysm)
    >
    >

Works flawlessly here.

Uwe

Thanks for posting.

I will give it another go tonight. Can you remember if anything else was needed (besides chromium, chromium-libs and libv8).

Thanks

• dth2 wrote, On 02/14/2011 02:06 PM:
    > I will give it another go tonight. Can you remember if anything else
    > was needed (besides chromium, chromium-libs and libv8).

I don’t know. I had a hard time with one of the earlier milestones and Chromium and tried to get a working version from one of the homedirs of build service users, but at least since M4 it is running smoothly from the regular repo. I just clicked it in Yast and it worked.

Uwe

Tried again (clean install of rc1 64 bit) - without any luck, I will give it another go when rc2 comes out,

Chromium sorta works for me on RC1 64-bit. I’m rebuilding openSUSE:11.3:Contrib’s version for 11.4 in my personal OBS. It seems to crash on exit, and if I type too quick in the address bar then that can also crash it completely, but other than that then it is normally stable. If it does pop up the Bug Buddy window at any other time then I can normally cancel it and carry on working without an issue.