Python errors during zypper dup in tumbleweed

Hello, trying to update and I get a seemingly endless conflict chain (5+ deep before I aborted- ). Is there an issue with updates, or do I have a messed up install? Not sure why they say private api.

I had a similar issue a while back in this thread (July) which was resolved until today

thanks again
JOhn Kilbert

zypper dup
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
Computing distribution upgrade...
5 Problems:
Problem: the installed python311-PyQt6-6.5.2-1.2.x86_64 requires 'libQt6Core.so.6(Qt_6.5.3_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)', but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: the installed calibre-6.27.0-1.3.x86_64 requires 'libQt6Gui.so.6(Qt_6.5.3_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)', but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: the installed python310-PyQt6-6.5.2-1.2.x86_64 requires 'libQt6Network.so.6(Qt_6.5.3_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)', but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: the installed libQt6Network6-6.5.3-2.1.x86_64 requires 'libQt6DBus6 = 6.5.3', but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: the installed libQt6Network6-6.5.3-2.1.x86_64 requires 'qt6-network-tls = 6.5.3', but this requirement cannot be provided

Problem: the installed python311-PyQt6-6.5.2-1.2.x86_64 requires 'libQt6Core.so.6(Qt_6.5.3_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)', but this requirement cannot be provided
  deleted providers: libQt6Core6-6.5.3-2.1.x86_64
 Solution 1: deinstallation of python311-PyQt6-6.5.2-1.2.x86_64
 Solution 2: keep obsolete libQt6Core6-6.5.3-2.1.x86_64
 Solution 3: break python311-PyQt6-6.5.2-1.2.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Yea, the link you referenced … I remember those days

So your link has a reply with yet another link (my reply #1), which for some folks, is the solution … to get rid of all the “extraneous” python mess (multiple versions, etc)

Here’s my link that yours points to (actually another user gave some details about the clean up):

Raises hand :raised_hand: … might have my post, showing brief examples of the cleanup … my reply-post:

thon310 can be removed from most installations. Python311 has been around for quite some time to replace it. Zypper dup to 20231013 worked just fine here today, but python310* was already gone before I started.

Presumably you want to keep calibre. You may lock it until fixed:

There was an API change in Qt 6.6 which affects multiple packages. You will have to either
lock the update to Qt6.6 or delete the affected packages and wait for them to be updated.

I can remove calibre- I moved it to a raspberry pi.
I went to yast and removed calibre, but all the errors still exist. I Sit as simple as just choosing to deinstall the problem python programs?
thanks

Yep: “Fixed the issue by running zypper rm --clean-deps python311-PyQt6 python310-PyQt6 and restarting dup.service”: Latest Snapshot Problems - #3 by karlmistelberger

With most issues several options are available. Posting rants in the forum is not an option. It won’t help.

1 Like

That’s what the previous replies suggest, including replies in the two referenced links :+1:

Since I did the python cleanup, I’ve had zero issues with python update conflicts.

Thanks for the help, sorry if I appeared to be ranting, not my intent.
Anyway it worked! thanks for your time everyone.