Proton bridge - issue with installation

Dear All,

got issue with the proton bridge.
after reinstallation of the Suse (checked other distros) back again to OpenSuse.

while i am trying to install protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm from https://protonmail.com/bridge

getting following error
*Internal error. Please report a bug report with logs.
Run save_y2logs to get complete logs.

Caller: /usr/share/YaST2/clients/sw_single.rb:153:in `CheckWhichPackages’

Details: undefined method `EnsureSourceInit’ for #<Yast::PackageClass:0x00007f897bdfc8c8 @my_textdomain=“base”], @last_op_canceled=false, @installed_packages=], @removed_packages=]>*

can you please help me?
i could not find solution for the issue.
many thanks in advance.

Open a terminal and try this:

sudo zypper -v in /*path*/*to*/protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm

Substitute the proper location of the downloaded rpm for /path/to/. Does it install, or give an error message? If error message, please post it here.

I tried to find a download link so that I could try to install it here, but was unsuccessful. Can you post the link here please?

Dear.

thanks for the idea.
i managed to install, there was something wrong with the package itself (remember, that in the past i suffered same but, first i ignored some dependencies and then ignore some error on the way. Before it worked via YAST software.

below the log from the installation process. looks like a dejavu fonts were missing.

sudo zypper -v in protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm

Verbosity: 2
Non-option programme arguments: ‘protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm’
‘protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm’ looks like an RPM file. Will try to download it.
Initialising Target
Checking whether to refresh metadata for Main Repository (NON-OSS)
Retrieving: repomd.xml …[done]
Retrieving: media …[done]
Checking whether to refresh metadata for Main Repository (OSS)
Retrieving: media …[done]
Checking whether to refresh metadata for Main Update Repository
Checking whether to refresh metadata for Plain RPM files cache
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Force resolution: No
Selecting ‘protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64’ from repository ‘Plain RPM files cache’ for installation.
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: nothing provides ‘dejavu-sans-fonts’ needed by the to be installed protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64
Solution 2: break protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

**Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): **2
Applying solution 2
Resolving dependencies…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following package is suggested, but will not be installed:
gnome-keyring 40.0-2.3

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
protonmail-bridge 1.8.12-1

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 59.6 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 161.1 MiB will be used.
**Continue? [y/n/v/…? shows all options] (y): **y
committing
Retrieving package protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64 (1/1), 59.6 MiB (161.1 MiB unpacked)
protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm:
Header V4 RSA/SHA512 Signature, key ID e2c75d68e6234b07: NOKEY
Header SHA256 digest: OK
Header SHA1 digest: OK
Payload SHA256 digest: OK
V4 RSA/SHA512 Signature, key ID e2c75d68e6234b07: NOKEY
MD5 digest: OK

warning: /var/tmp/zypp.IWeu6D/zypper/tmpRPMcache/%CLI%/protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/
SHA512 Signature, key ID e6234b07: NOKEY
Looking for gpg key ID E6234B07 in cache /var/cache/zypp/pubkeys.
Repository Plain RPM files cache does not define additional ‘gpgkey=’ URLs.
protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64 (Plain RPM files cache): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public
key is not available]
**Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): **i

Checking for file conflicts: …[done]
warning: /var/cache/zypper/RPMS/protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA512 Signature, key ID
e6234b07: NOKEY
(1/1) Installing: protonmail-bridge-1.8.12-1.x86_64 …[done]
CommitResult (total 1, done 1, error 0, skipped 0, updateMessages 0)

I’m not aware of any possibility to verify keys for an rpm downloaded from elsewhere than from standard repos that provide keys among the rest of the repo data.

Missing fonts “breakage” is common in openSUSE. Far too many packages require fonts that have no business being more than suggested or recommended. My installations are loaded with “broken” packages, most of which “require” fonts I don’t want to see, take up my filesystem space needlessly, and waste bandwidth installing and updating. The others here “broken” depend on useless -lang or locale packages.

Check these settings,
Make sure Javascript, Session Storage, and Cookies are enabled. In using ProtonMail in your browser, ProtonMail will not work unless Javascript, Session Storage, and Cookies are enabled. Sometimes, plugins may disable some of these features.

I know i can use web but i like to configure the mailspring, somehow i like it.

thanks for all comments.
i have to open another topic.
something wrong with current release of OpenSuse Thumbleweed.