programmer joke

Unfortunately I cannot find an April Fool joke like the “fix hard disk yourself”, so here’s a programmer joke instead:

An engineer, a manager and a computer programmer were in a car travelling down a steep mountain road when the car lost its brakes. The car narrowly missed careening off the side of the mountain but the driver swerved the car into the side of the mountain where it ground to a halt. The 3 passengers, bruised and shocked, climbed out of the car. One of them mused aloud “What are we going to do now?” The engineer said, “I know,we need to find a mechanics reference for the brakes and take them apart and test the systems and draw a new schematic and build a prototype and test it.”

The manager disagreed and said, “Well, I think the first thing to do is to form a committee to examine all of the possible solutions, take surveys of the different department heads, generate some reports, initiate feedback from the workers, and come up with a compromise plan from all of the best repair options.”

The programmer seemed dismayed by all of this and finally said, “No, no, the first thing to do is to roll the car back up to the top of the mountain, climb in, and see if we can make it happen again.”

Yeah. Get that Adrenalin pumping.
Great one.:wink: