Problems with Yast2 control center

Hello all, new to Linux so please bare with me.
I’m having trouble with Yast, I notticed today that I can’t open the control centre from the desktop (along with install/remove software) when opening from the command line I get. the following output:

** (y2controlcenter-gnome:9050): WARNING **: error accessing /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_command_line [Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See GConf configuration system for information. (Details — 1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)]

Yast2 control centre opens, but none of the options load when selected.
I have tried updating everything through Zypper which didn’t work. (aka zypper ref/up etc)
Then I tried removing yast and installing it again. When I did this (and downloaded the Yast control centre again the above errors, reappeared.

Really stumped, if anyone can help would really appreciate it !!

On 2010-11-18 16:06, Pnoothlinux wrote:
>
> Hello all, new to Linux so please bare with me.
> I’m having trouble with Yast, I notticed today that I can’t open the
> control centre from the desktop (along with install/remove software)
> when opening from the command line I get. the following output:

You have to do “su -” first, perhaps you did not.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)