Problem with window manager

Just installed the 11.1 DVD Gnome version today. Had an immediate problem with whatever window manager was installed. By this I mean no window border controls and spinning cursor. After thinking about it for a bit I went to the repositories and installed metacity. Then from the terminal I ran “metacity replace”. Got what I wanted. However, I also got the following in the terminal:~$ metacity replace

Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3000003 (Starting t)

Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3000003 (Software M)

Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

I’m new to OpenSuse so I’m not sure exactly what this means. If I close the terminal then I lose metacity In other words it is not persistent.

I would really appreciate your assistance. I’m trying really hard here to remove myself from Ubuntu.

Had previously backed up home files on external hard drive so I went back and formatted /home on my computer to remove any conflicting config files. To those who at least looked, thank you.