Problem with Tumbleweed / Nvidia update

I have been unable to update for a couple of days since the recent update. Got a message about Micro-OS Repo could not be provided. I tried adding this and now the message says the following even though Tumbleweed Repos are apparently present in my system. Any ideas how to get round this please?
“the to be installed openSUSE-repos-Tumbleweed-NVIDIA-20240412.89bd714-2.1.x86_64 requires ‘openSUSE-repos-Tumbleweed’, but this requirement cannot be provided”

You are running Tumbleweed? Then simply remove the MicroOS/Slowroll Nvidia package

sudo zypper rm openSUSE-repos-MicroOS-NVIDIA openSUSE-repos-Slowroll-NVIDIA

Hi thanks I did that but I still have the issue that Opensuse-Tumbleweed Repos cannot be provided as I think they got removed when I tried the Micro OS thing. Tried adding them back in in YAST but it says they are already installed. Is there a simple way to try adding them in Zypper please? “the to be installed openSUSE-repos-Tumbleweed-NVIDIA-20240412.89bd714-2.1.x86_64 requires ‘openSUSE-repos-Tumbleweed’, but this requirement cannot be provided”

Show output of

zypper se -si openSUSE-repos-*

Please don’t use screenshots! Simply mark the terminal output, right-click → copy and post it here in the forum. Use the preformatted text tags </> in the forum editor.

Do you have Nvidia hardware in your machine?

I do, although it is glitchy on Gnome / Wayland so have to run on Xorg/ Was debating uninstalling the prop. drivers & trying Nuveau.

Remove the wrong MicroOS package and the upgrade warning should disappear…
sudo zypper rm openSUSE-repos-MicroOS

2 Likes

Kudos to you hui, thanks for your time and patience in helping me with this as that seems to have allowed the updates to proceed now. Many thanks. :smiley: :+1:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.