Problem with keepassxc

Leap 15.4
Keepassxc
Firefox

Just did upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4 on three desktops and one laptop.
All went well except for keepassxc

Problem repeatable on all machines

Recreate:
Open a web page in firefox.
Navigate to a page requiring a login.
Ensure the cursor is in the username block.
Bring up keepassxc.
Right click on the applicable entry.
Highlight Preform Auto-Type.
Click on Username and Password.
System crashes! Completely.

This action is new for 15.4. It has worked very well in 15.3

I am quite surprised I’m the first to mention this!

Where can I file a bug report for/with Keepass?

Bart

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/571595-Problem-with-KeePassXC-on-15-4

Thanks for the link.
I really wish I could figure out the search function so I don’t create duplicate threads! I used the search button and typed Keepassxc. Nothing came up. Where’s a document about using the search?

Bart

Uhhhm if you type keepassxc in the upper right corner search field and hit enter you get 42 hits.

Yup! You’re right.
I know I tried that! :slight_smile:
I guess my friend is right when he tells me “That’s what happens when you give kid’s toys to adults”
So, I’ll just hang my head in embarrassment and be quiet.

Bart

A followup.

I downgraded my version of keepassxc to 2.6.6 which is still shown in yast. All is well.
I also used zypper al kepassxc to prevent an upgrade.

Bart

Not necessarily your fault: if you are not logged in and try to find anything you will find nothing. Been there, done that.

This bug does not appear in Tumbleweed 20220709 with KeepassXC v 2.7.1

I noticed that. Thought it a little strange, but then there are a lot of differences between Leap and Tumbleweed.

Fyi the problem was in the X-Server not in keepassxc 2.7.1. The fix in xorg-x11-server-1.20.3-150400.38.5.1 is now available in the Leap 15.4 update repository.

I have waited for nearly two weeks and still do not find that version as available.

Using yast->Software Management->Search->xorg-x11-server I see under the Installed (Available) column:
xorg-x11-server 1.20.3-150400.36.7 (1.20.3-150200.22.5.55.1)
xorg-x11-server-extra 1.20.3-150400.36.7 (1.20.3-150200.22.5.55.1)

zypper lr -d

I think, you have not enabled the SLE-Update Repo:

zypper se -si xorg-x11-server

S  | Name                  | Type  | Version              | Arch   | Repository
---+-----------------------+-------+----------------------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------
i+ | xorg-x11-server       | Paket | 1.20.3-150400.38.5.1 | x86_64 | Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
i+ | xorg-x11-server-extra | Paket | 1.20.3-150400.38.5.1 | x86_64 | Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
11 | repo-sle-update                       | Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15                                | Ja        | (r ) Ja         | Ja             |   99      | rpm-md   | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.4/sle/    

I found the problem!

A while ago, I had a problem with 15.3 and, somewhere, I found a recommendation to create a text file in /etc/zypp/vars.d/ called releasever that contained a single line with the desired release version. Example ‘15.3’. I did that.

Now, when I do zypper lr -d I can see all the repositories as 15.4 but when I look at them using yast, they are shown as 15.3

That’s why I could not see the correct versions in yast!

Now, I guess I can update the x11 server, remove the lock on keepass and hopefully prevent more problems like this in the future.

Thanks Sauerland for setting me on the correct path!

Bart