Problem with K3b not able to burn music CDs

I am having trouble getting K3b to burn music CD’s. When I open K3b, I get a message saying that it will not burn mp3s due to a missing decoder plugin. I read another post that suggested installing the K3b-codecs package. When I try to install this package, I get a dependency error message saying “nothing provides hal-resmgr”. How do I get this package installed so that I can burn mp3s? Thank you.

If you haven’t done so already, I suggest that you install K3b from the Packman repository and install the K3b-codecs from the same repository. In Yast when you select K3b you can select the version; make sure that you select the correct one, it will end with .pm and the correct arcitecture. _x64 if you are running openSUSE 64bit or i586 for 32-bit.

Cheers!
etech97 :slight_smile:

Like this

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I cannot see the version that you listed from the Packman repository. The only version of k3b that is listed from the Packman repository is 1.0.5-1.pm.1.21-i586. This version has the dependency issue also. Am I looking in the right repository? Here is the URL I am using: Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.0 . If you are looking in a different repository, can you send me the link? Thanks.

Well you are using a version of SUSE that has ended support.

But try this in a su - terminal

zypper in k3b-codecs

I was able to get this to work by adding the Packman repository using the “Community Repositories” option in Yast. I was then able to select and install versions of k3b and k3b-codecs that worked. It looks like I am ready to burn mp3’s now!

Thanks to everyone for the help. I am a newbie to Open Suse and I would have been lost without the suggestions. :slight_smile: